Northwest meet up

Guest Richard & Amanda

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Happy New Year to you all!

Our last Christmas and New Year in the UK - we are counting the days down to next Christmas!

Is everybody still ok for this meet on 27th January?

Best wishes to all!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Suzi,

I think its still Mascrat Manor unless anybody else has any other suggestions?

At least it has the entertainment if the kids need it and should be quieter at the end of January (hopefully).

Guest macu68

Hi All

We are new members and would love to come to the northwest meet-up on 27th January Muscrat Manor. Depends on what Mary is working but hope to make it. Our kids are aged 14, 11 and 7, any other kids this age going? Our 14 year old is a bit reluctant to go to Oz and needs some encouragement, any other of similar age likely to be there?

See on 27th

Tony, Mary and Gang

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi Tony, Mary and Kids

Hope you can make it, the more people you know the better.

My eldest Ben is almost 6, so cant help on the teenage front. I remember when I was 14 I thought my parents were awful and were ruining my life cause they were taking me away from my friends for 2 weeks in Corfu, I made their life very unbearable, but I was a horrible teenager.

Have you got girls or boys?

Take Care

Suzi xxx

Guest macu68

Hi Matt and Suzi

Our girls are 14 and 11 and boy is 7. We have been frantically clearing out before xmas and will be starting the car boots soon. We are just getting the home ready to sell and should have it up within the next week. It is selling our home that might hold us up but hopefully not, we are keen to get to Adelaide. When do you go? Hope to see you on 27th.

Tony, Mary

Guest Matt & Suzi

We are just waiting to exchange contracts, which we have been told will be this month, and then Matt has to work 2 months notice, so we are aiming to get to Oz in March. What about you?

We would like to go to the meet up on the 27th Jan 08. Where is Mascrat Manor? What time are we meeting?

There will be me Lynne, David and our 10 year old son. May be our 18 year old.

We can not wait to see people who are also in the process

Lynne

Guest macu68

We are keen to get to Australia as soon as we can. If all goes to plan then I am guessing June/July at the earliest. We really want to be in Adelaide by xmas 2008 at the very latest.

It will be great to see you all if I can make the 27th, it shouldn't be a problem. We are trying to encourage our 14 yr old to come to the meet up. Lynne is your 18 yr old a girl or boy? It would encourage Kirsty to come if she thought there was another teenager going.

See you all on 27th.

Guest Happychick

Hi everyone,

Happy new year:jiggy:. Am quite new to the site, we had our visa 's approved early december so was an early christmas present, Just waiting now for the house to sell. not been to a meet but would like to join in on the one on the 27th if thats okay with everyone . Be nice to talk to other people in the same boat as us

What time would it be happening???

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Regards

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Happychick,

Yeah thats fine if you want to tag along the more the merrier.

This is our 2nd North West meet - the first was November (I think!!!)

Its the pub at Jct 21 of the M6 (Thelwall Viaduct) pub is called Mascrat Manor and there is a wacky warehouse and outdoor play area as well as 2 for 1 on the food. I think there will probably be around 16 adults(including yourselves) + lots of kids and young teenagers if my maths is correct!

If you need anymore directions let me know

Hope you can make it, take care

Amanda

Guest Happychick

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the info, we will definately be coming along, can i just ask what time the meet will be , i am sure i saw 1-2 pm somewhere in the posts. Is that right??

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Lisa

Hiya Happychick,

Yeah thats fine if you want to tag along the more the merrier.

This is our 2nd North West meet - the first was November (I think!!!)

Its the pub at Jct 21 of the M6 (Thelwall Viaduct) pub is called Mascrat Manor and there is a wacky warehouse and outdoor play area as well as 2 for 1 on the food. I think there will probably be around 16 adults(including yourselves) + lots of kids and young teenagers if my maths is correct!

If you need anymore directions let me know

Hope you can make it, take care

Amanda

Hello We have not been on PIA for a while and we have just sent off for our visa just before christmas and are now just waiting. Whilst browsing I noticed info about the meet at Mascrat Manor and me and my family would like to come. We have 2 kids boy who is 7 and daughter nearly 18. dont think daughter will come because she is not interested in coming to australia with us buts thats another story

Hope to meet everybody at the meet and have a good chat.

Lorraine Steve Reece and Lynsey

Guest cunnah10
Hi All

We are new members and would love to come to the northwest meet-up on 27th January Muscrat Manor. Depends on what Mary is working but hope to make it. Our kids are aged 14, 11 and 7, any other kids this age going? Our 14 year old is a bit reluctant to go to Oz and needs some encouragement, any other of similar age likely to be there?

See on 27th

Tony, Mary and Gang

Hi Gang

We have never been to a "meet up" either so it will be first time 4 us too!Have been browsing this site for a long time and just started to join in!We hope to be out in Adelaide this summer!What about you?

I am Gill(40)full time mum/housewife,hubby Tom(44)BT telecom engineer taking 4 young kids with us aged 3,7,8 and 10(one girl bless her)and now have to leave our eldest son who is 20 years old behind in the UK as he has become a daddy himself and can no longer be included in our application as he has a dependant of his own now!

Look forward to meeting you and everybody else on the 27th Jan

Gill

Guest cunnah10
Hi All

See on 27th

Tony, Mary and Gang

Hi Gang look forward to meeting you and everybody else on 27th Jan!Be first time we would have been to a "meet up".When do you hope to arrive in Adelaide?We hope to get there this summer!Taking 4 kids with us Jack(10)Sophie(8)David(7)and the worst of the lot Matthew(just 3).

Gill

Guest ali@51

Hi All

Just to let u know we will be coming but will agiain be slightly late as Meggie has a ballet exam at lunch time on that day. It looks like the numbers are going up for this one so it should be a good afternoon. See you then.

Guest cunnah10
Hi All

Just to let u know we will be coming but will agiain be slightly late as Meggie has a ballet exam at lunch time on that day. It looks like the numbers are going up for this one so it should be a good afternoon. See you then.

Hi Ali

You have kids very similar in age to my lot!I have Jack(10)Sophie(8)David(7) and the rascal Matthew (just 3 and a handful).Be our first time meeting up with everybody so thanks for invite really looking forward to it!Wasn't too sure if it was just adults or kids too!But i gather kids can tag along too (unless we feel like escaping that is for a few hours peace and leave them behind!!)

See You On 27TH

Gill

Guest massive

Hi all not been on for ages dead busy at work and just got back from Lanzarote today but ste is hoping to get the night off for the 27th so count us in hope everyone is well and had great last christmas/new years in the cold we where on the beach for new years day ste was practising for next year an I guite enjoyed the sparkly flowing all day !!!!!:D

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Debbie and Steve,

Long time no hear - I had just pm'd Suzie saying we hadn't heard from ya.

Nice to see you are getting the practice in for next year.

Look forward to seeing you all again on 27th.

Hi all

unfortunatly we will have to cry off this meet up as our daughters arrogant pig ignorant dance teacher has changed the time of Meg's exam. No hope this fit in or I'm very sorry just tough s!!t. It is now at 2.50 for 30 mins in Nantwich. Wont say anymore as the air would be blue. As you can gather I am not very happy:skeptical:. Hope you all have a gr8t time.

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi,

We would love to join everyone at the North West meet-up on 27th January at Muscrat Manor if thats ok. We are from North Wales and have not been to a meet-up before so dont know anyone yet!!

So if there's rom for 2 big ones and 2 little ones we'll be there!

Ffion, Dylan, Elain & Caleb:D

Guest cunnah10
Hi,

We would love to join everyone at the North West meet-up on 27th January at Muscrat Manor if thats ok. We are from North Wales and have not been to a meet-up before so dont know anyone yet!!

So if there's rom for 2 big ones and 2 little ones we'll be there!

Ffion, Dylan, Elain & Caleb:D

Hi Gang

We have never been either to a "meet up" so will be great to not be the only newbies!Actually i think there are quite a few other newbies got brave like us too and tagging on!When are you hoping to go out to Adelaide?How do your kids feel about the move and have your family accepted that you are going?my parents are devastated!Feel so guilty as both are not in good health will never be able to come out to see us!It's very hard!Can't imagine saying goodbye!

Gill