Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sharon and Paul

The Hunt 4 red hot Indian !

Guest Sharon and Paul

Since our arrival in Adelaide, we have tried to find a good Indian curry house! , Well we finally tried the Balti house on Goodwood Road, as recommended by friends on PIA . It was pretty good , I had a madras , not hot enough but very tasty . The service was very good , The kids enjoyed thier food , only bad comment was the surroundings was a bit like a cafe . You can take your own wine , and pay a corkage fee but I thought the price of wine was good anyway , So if there are anymore recommendations please ? :notworthy:

Guest Guest75

As I mentioned the other night - The Harvest of India in Port Noarlunga was good for us. But we are no curry experts:err:

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

hi

there's a good indian restaurant/take away in tea tree gully but the name escapes me today. i like spicy curry and i loved their vindaloo and they also do tindaloo but i never tried that (shame). Its on north east road, and the staff are good, and i think oits reasonably priced too. Pretty busy every night oits open. That's it "Ruby Raja". Good luck

Guest Damien

As Tyke said, Harvest of India in PN is great but as with most curry houses here stear clear of the chicken as it's the brown crappy meat. Otherwise ie lamb, prawn etc it's great!

my missus and son dontlike spicy food!!! but she makes me a cuury which is always nice, but cannot find a jar of jalfrese anywhere!!!! jalfrese is prob spelt wrong!!!

Guest Guest75
    As Tyke said, Harvest of India in PN is great but as with most curry houses here stear clear of the chicken as it's the brown crappy meat. Otherwise ie lamb, prawn etc it's great!

Did forget to mention the Lamb is very good at the harvest of India - very tender!

We've found it's worthwhile striking up a conversation with the owners of Indian restaurants and takeaways, and asking them about the possibility of making a particular curry, even if it isn't on their normal list. The ones we chatted to (they were at the Saffron in Pelican Plaza, Modbury, so a bit far for you probably) were thrilled to find someone who wanted something different to the ubiquitous Butter Chicken, and happy to discuss other dishes, making things hotter or milder on request. Most probably cater to the masses, so if there's a dish you're hankering after but that hasn't been all that popular with the general Australian market, they may be able to make it for you. I always work on the basis of "if you don't ask, you'll never know!" and have found people here generally so friendly and happy to chat that if you just make that extra bit of effort, you'll be rewarded (in this case, with a great curry!!)

Guest guest3462
    my missus and son dontlike spicy food!!! but she makes me a cuury which is always nice, but cannot find a jar of jalfrese anywhere!!!! jalfrese is prob spelt wrong!!!

Foodland sells Sharwoods jars of curry. We have had Jalfrezi before from there. Also, in Rite Price (the discount warehouse) they sell quite a variety of the jars for about $2, you just have to look carefully at the dates in there lol!