Guest mark&rachel

anyone been to rymill park

Guest mark&rachel

Has anyone been to rymill park in the city?

If so is it any good for younger ones?

Guest WhatNow?

As I understand it, Rymill Park isn't a 'Park' in the UK sense - it is just part of the continuous open Parklands that circle the city and as such is basically grass, trees, a small children's playground and a lake. It is where a lot of the outdoor events in Adelaide take place from time to time, but unless one of these happens to be going on, that is about it. This doesn't mean that it isn't worth visiting, and you can walk through it into other areas like the Botanical Gardens (free if you don't want to go into any of the special buildings like the Conservatory). Both areas are nice place to go to feed the ducks, have a picnic etc.

To me it's a better place than some of the Southern Suburbs to spend an afternoon in the sun. The Kiosk owner is a true gent, once we dint have enough money for our drinks and ice creams so he said, don't worry and said you can pay next time you pass through. Because of that I went back and paid the difference the next week, and recommend him when I can.

Guest WhatNow?
    To me it's a better place than some of the Southern Suburbs to spend an afternoon in the sun. The Kiosk owner is a true gent, once we dint have enough money for our drinks and ice creams so he said, don't worry and said you can pay next time you pass through. Because of that I went back and paid the difference the next week, and recommend him when I can.

LOL Only in Adelaide eh? Lots of this sort of generosity around - I hope we all can respond with such graciousness, Adelaidenow!

Guest WhatNow?
    The part about Southern Suburbs was an 'in joke' BTW, before I get anymore abusive PM's.

As if....LOL!