Sign in to follow this  
Guest hayls

When are you migrating?

When are you hoping to be in Adelaide?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. When are you hoping to be in Adelaide?

• I'm here already
      • March 2007
      • April 2007
      • May 2007
      • June 2007

Guest hayls

hi lisa

we r going in jan 07, maybe i could be your guinea pig,we r undecided whether to use the meet and greet service!!!

hayls

Guest donna T

Hi there

We are hoping to be in Adelaide for Feb / March although I guess that depends on DIMA actually giving us the visas!

Has anyone actually used the Meet and Greet that you know of?

Donna

x

Guest hayls

Hi Donna, i dont know any body that has used the service but i have done lots of reading up on it, and it seems quite a good idea ,i emailed the sa government for an application they were very quick to respond,a volunteer will meet u if you have too much luggage for their car the government will pay for 1 taxi for u ,you can request an area but these are not always met you are allowed the housing they offer u for 12 weeks,they take u shopping and help you sort out your tax file no. this seems to me like a good way to take away alot of stress when you first arrive and if your accomodation is pretty s\\\\y then you get a move on looking for somewhere else.Any way i filled in my form and emailed it back,but god knows what i did because they sent me an email back quite amused cause i had sent them a blank form!!!!! so i am going to fax it quickly as they like more than 6 weeks notice and i fly on the 01/01/07. any way hope that helps a bit,the reason i am trying desperatly for it is we have friends who went in sept and they said it was quite expensive and stressfull they were stopping in holiday cabins and paying a fortune[linen hire washing and all that],the cost of the housing on greet and meet is some where between $130 and$260 per week depending where u r and size of property and utility bills r included in this you cant beat that really can you. any way i think ive gabbled on too long again cya hayls .

Guest donna T

Hayls

Thanks for the info - it does seem a great idea - hope you get it sorted.

Wow - 1st Jan what a News Years Resolution! Best of luck x