We're still alive!!! Honest.....

Guest thekings

Guest thekings

Well we have been very quiet of late on this invaluable site, but we are back hooray.

We were planning on coming over in May of this year but had problems selling our house. Needless to say we had one problem after another including a daughter who no longer shares the same dream as us :arghh:

So we have licked our wounds and revised our situation which is currently this:

We managed to sell our house, then bought another smaller one that would serve as an investment for our money as the current market and exchange rate is so poor. We now live in this house and absolutely love it. It is ideal as a rental or home alike. So our plan is to stay a couple more years, then rent our house out while we come over for a few years to make sure we are making the right move. If its not for us then we still have a home to come back to. If we do like it then someone else has been paying our mortgage whilst we decide.

We are coming over on the 17th October for 3 weeks and are staying over in Christies Beach. We hope to meet up with some of you guys whilst we are there and hopefully show our daughter what she is missing ;)

We have got tickets to see Pendulum on the 29th October (I think, we are well excited). We are also stopping over in Hong Kong for a day on the way over.

During our 3 weeks we hope to check out schools, work, sights, beaches, dolphins, wine, bbq's etc. we will be keeping an eye open for any events or meet ups during this period too.

That should do for now, speak to you all soon.

Jonathan & Tina xx

Guest janmoo

Hi guys welcome back! We have been through the same hoops as you! But our visa runs out feb 2011 so we have finally booked flights for permanent move and arrivr 27 september we have founf a long term rental in glenelg and are in process of applying gor jobs. It is scary and defo a rollercoaster but hey what is there here in the uk cept doom gloom and recession? We were there again in march and april and the place was buzzin!

No sign of recession so heres hopin. Good luck and enjoy your reccie!

Guest Guest75

Wahaay!:)

Good to have you back on board and hopefully on track.

I was saddened to hear of your "hiccup".

Best thing to fetch out the youngster and show what she could have. The weather will just nicely be on the upturn as well.

I'll try and catch up with you.:)

Well we have been very quiet of late on this invaluable site, but we are back hooray.

We were planning on coming over in May of this year but had problems selling our house. Needless to say we had one problem after another including a daughter who no longer shares the same dream as us :arghh:

So we have licked our wounds and revised our situation which is currently this:

We managed to sell our house, then bought another smaller one that would serve as an investment for our money as the current market and exchange rate is so poor. We now live in this house and absolutely love it. It is ideal as a rental or home alike. So our plan is to stay a couple more years, then rent our house out while we come over for a few years to make sure we are making the right move. If its not for us then we still have a home to come back to. If we do like it then someone else has been paying our mortgage whilst we decide.

We are coming over on the 17th October for 3 weeks and are staying over in Christies Beach. We hope to meet up with some of you guys whilst we are there and hopefully show our daughter what she is missing ;)

We have got tickets to see Pendulum on the 29th October (I think, we are well excited). We are also stopping over in Hong Kong for a day on the way over.

During our 3 weeks we hope to check out schools, work, sights, beaches, dolphins, wine, bbq's etc. we will be keeping an eye open for any events or meet ups during this period too.

That should do for now, speak to you all soon.

Jonathan & Tina xx

Hey there i was only thinking the other day, there are few members that seemed to have gone very quiet and dropped off the scene...us included due to our lack of internet facilities but up and running again now!!

Our daughter Ellie is 12 and she did not want to come and did not want to leave her friends, I was convinced she was going to do a runner on the day of our flight!!! But here we are 9 weeks in Adelaide and she has settled great into school and made some good friends and already been on her first Aussie sleepover. We gave her and Max space and let them make their own minds up about the place and resisted asking them what they thought every 5 minutes. They have seen all the positive points to our move over and compared to life in Aldershot...well it wins hands down! Ellie has already said that she wouldn't want to move back to the UK so we are really pleased. By the time you come over you will have the advantage of the weather being warmer and it's amazing how much more positive things look like in the sunshine...you will all love it!!! Good luck...

hi all, we were over in adelaide in july for 3 weeks for our reccy and loved it both me and my other half secured jobs in the first week of being there we are now home and house is now rented out (living with inlaws) planning to come out in october. now our dilemma our oldest son 16 next week is now adamant he will not be coming this is a bit of a bomb shell and now dont know what to do for the best........i will keep you posted.

rob and jane

Guest Nicky&Andy

we have had the same dillema, our oldest was 17 then came out on a recci did everything possible to let us know he wasnt interested(funny cause when 16 , the visa came , he ran out in the street shouting cheering telling everyone, if only the house was sold then.)

anyway house sold now, luke has had his own place since jan 10 and is nearly 19, i still feel he should be comming with us, and saddened he is not, but the other three are still very keen to go, so we should be out there by oct 10,

i will say one thing though which may sound harsh, when kids get to 17, they become very interested in themselves and there own life, dont come away on hols with parents and were certainly not cool to hang around with, so best let them get on with it and hope what youve taught them over the yrs has some effect for the good on the decisions they make in life, i know i was the same at that age,although if my parents were moving to oz back then, im 99% sure i would have gone with them.

i hope it all works out well for you, enjoy your visit, i'm sure your daughter will love it, its more the fear of leaving what they know behind

Guest thekings

Thanks guys, its nice to know that we share similarities. As said Nick and Andy when they turn 17 they are only interested in themselves. We have told her we are coming as soon as she is old enough to look after herself!!

robm....we so know how you feel, hang in there, it'll all work out in the end I'm sure. We are still firm believers that things happen for a reason, its just not always apparent.