Property market?!

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

Hi guys

I was just wondering what the property market is doing over there?

Is it stable, is it dropping etc.

Just trying to get some sort of an idea!

Thanks in advance

Vikki:cute:

houses dont seem to be selling as fast and agents reckon less people are going to opens at the moment

This is true in the mid to higher ranges, but as Tyke has said the market is stable and prices are on a creep up ever so slightly not as quick as the last 5 years but creeping. A realistically priced home still sells.

If you are looking at a certain area in particular I could send you a report on sales and for sales over the last 6 months.

Just let me know.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick Tuck

Hi Vikki,

The market here is tough for Australian standards but nothing compared to the Uk market. It has slowed up meaning houses take longer to sell which is on average around 3 months now. Australians have been used to a very good market and things selling very quickly.

If a house is priced reasonably in a good area it will still sell. If you are asking due to the considereation of buying here then it is a good time to buy due to the market slowing. Prices are not really falling but the increase is not happening that has occurred over the past years.

I am an agent here and compared to the market that I have been used to in England this doesn't compare. The economy & market here seem a lot more stable. But as the marrket has slowed it is a good time to buy because there is more choice on the market and prices are more reasonable.

I work in the western Coastal suburbs. If I can help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me.

Nick Tuck

Lakes & Portside Real estate

0408 932775

I think its stable been keeping my eye on the market for a while. House 2 doors down to me its a reno job but sold in a week, round the corner to me house all done 100k more than the one 2 doors away sold in 2-3 weeks. have noticed the more expensive houses seem to be on the market longer.

Agents here seem to never get back to you when you enquire about a house had a nightmare when we were looking, had to keep eye on net for opens which is hard when your in a rental with a naff dongle for connection:biglaugh:.

Keep looking on places like realestate.com.au your then see how long houses are on in the area your looking at :)