Guest Guest75

Better weather is coming!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Bloody hope its gets better, im planning on fishing friday avo, eveing and saturday

Guest Guest75

Dare I say..................."We need the rain"????? :arghh::arghh:

And that 20 is going to feel so warm! Be nice to get some circulation back...

My folks arrive on Wednesday too (yippee!) so hopefully it will get better and better for their stay :D

Guest Guest5035

from years gone by and this winter.............................the summer will be a stinker.

stevo

Good news.

Seems to have been a long winter but I remember saying that last year as well.

Yeah, same here. Our first winter, three years ago, everyone told us it was exceptionally long and cold (and it struck me that for a place with such a serious drought it didn't half rain a lot!) Then last year, several people mentioned that the winter was unusually long and cold. Just this last weekend, someone dared to state that this year's is a particularly long and cold winter. :wacko:

Jim

Oh I can't wait for spring bring it on. I know we need the rain but the winter just seems so long and cold here! Never thought it would be this bad! I know it's winter but seriously this is cold and wet by anyone's standards!

I think they said on TV the other day that this was either the coldest or the wettest winter for 40 years. My teeth were chattering so loudly that I didn't really hear properly.... Certainly the reservoirs should be full!

I think they said on TV the other day that this was either the coldest or the wettest winter for 40 years. My teeth were chattering so loudly that I didn't really hear properly.... Certainly the reservoirs should be full!

They probably have some prepared words and stats that they use identically every winter :D

If anyone wants me, I'm the one wearing a duvet underneath my overcoat ...

Guest joolz
    Good news.

Seems to have been a long winter but I remember saying that last year as well.

Yes I remember being in the UK this time last year and reading similar comments lol... I'll be joining in with you all next year ha ha!!!! Bring on the Sunshine please, I thought Sunday was the turning point as it was so gorgeous...

about time. I've gone too long without a full summer, always seem to have travelled to winter during my local summer for the past few years... I can't wait to feel my toes again :)

Guest Guest75

I passed Myponga reservoir the other day and it's full.

Off to chop some firewood now - trouble is I'm too warm to need it by the time I've finished:biglaugh:

I passed Myponga reservoir the other day and it's full.

Off to chop some firewood now - trouble is I'm too warm to need it by the time I've finished:biglaugh:

I am sure Seb will come help you burn some of it lol...:D

HG

Guest Guest75
    I am sure Seb will come help you burn some of it lol...:D

HG

What's that song by The Prodigy?????:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

it does seem long and cold but if you think about it, winter didnt set in till june and its only august!! Just remember how long it is winter in UK for, more like october to april!!

Then to top it off they only get few weeks of summer if they are lucky!!

Anyone who dares to say to me in the summer "we need some Rain" will get a bash on the head with my handbag that will have a brick in it!!:biglaugh:

Guest Tina P

Anyone who dares to say to me in the summer "we need some Rain" will get a bash on the head with my handbag that will have a brick in it!!:biglaugh:

LOL.... or do you get 'you will be used to the cold' - had that said to me so many times ?

of course I feel the cold same as anyone else.

Must get a wood burner for next winter.

Certainly had plenty of rain the last few days - we're cut off from Athelstone now: all the bridges round here are under water, and our local one looks like it has taken a hit from a large bit of tree or something as completely wrecked! Looks like my kids will have to find an alternative route to/from school for the near future!

it does seem long and cold but if you think about it, winter didnt set in till june and its only august!! Just remember how long it is winter in UK for, more like october to april!!

Then to top it off they only get few weeks of summer if they are lucky!!

Now now Sarah dnt go on about the UK.....:policeman:

You know what can happen.....:huh:

HG

Guest SA Great
    Yeah, same here. Our first winter, three years ago, everyone told us it was exceptionally long and cold (and it struck me that for a place with such a serious drought it didn't half rain a lot!) Then last year, several people mentioned that the winter was unusually long and cold. Just this last weekend, someone dared to state that this year's is a particularly long and cold winter. :wacko:

Jim

LOL Brilliant!! I bet next year will be exceptionally long and cold too.