Guest ste and cheryl

Airlines & Leg Room

Guest ste and cheryl

Hello,

We're booking our flights this weekend, more than likely with Qantas.

Just wondering who you flew with and how you found the flight ? Also did you have much leg room?

My hubby is 6ft 3ins, and we're worried about him being squashed on such a long flight !!

Advise hugely appreciated

:wubclub:

Guest Jo&Phil

Seat Guru website is very good for explaining seat pitch / leg room on each and every airline and aircraft.

Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru

If you're flying standard economy class book an aisle seat for husband when you book your tickets ...no more room really but the illusion of more space as you have the aisle (don't get run over by the drinks trolley :))

Guest Guest75

We've made the trip lots of times, only once with Quantas,once with KLM.............. the rest over 14 years.....Singapore. Might not always be the cheapest but certainly our favoured one.

I'd love to fly in one of the new A380's:)

Guest Guest5035
    We've made the trip lots of times, only once with Quantas,once with KLM.............. the rest over 14 years.....Singapore. Might not always be the cheapest but certainly our favoured one.

We flew A380 the other week, same leg room,same size seats, same everything,nothing special at all.

Stevo

We're booking our flights this weekend, more than likely with Qantas.

Do Qantas fly direct into Adelaide now? I thought it was just Malaysian, SIA and Cathay?

Guest Chandan

we flew mid june with Qantas you can book the exit row for £80 or so more extra.. go to Qantas website and it should be on there... If you are travelling with kids you wont be eligible.. but definatley check it out...

Do Qantas fly direct into Adelaide now? I thought it was just Malaysian, SIA and Cathay?

Not direct per se. You take the long haul to Singapore and change flights and go direct to Adelaide then. No need to fly down to Melbourne on the direct flight there and then change flights to go back up to Adelaide any longer :) Works out (if you plan your flights right) the same travel time as direct to Melbourne/Sydney then changing. But means you get some time on the ground in Singapore Changi which is a really civilised place for a few hours layover in my book. Beats being herded back on to a flight after a refuel for sure.

I also did London-Singapore-Darwin-Adelaide a few years back. 45 minutes on the ground in Darwin to pick up a few people and drop some off and then back on the plane. That was a great flight :)

Guest WoodMartin

We booked the seats at the back where the plane narrows...so you get the two seats between the window/aisle. No different legrooom but the space between the outside and the seats was good to have. We chose Malaysian as the seat pitch is 34 inches, the best that we could find, some planes/airlines is only 30" from memory.

Seatguru was our bible too.

Guest TINA.G

We flew qantas few years back. Hubbie 6'4". Checked in early each flight did 13 in total. Asked for exit seats each time and got them. Made all the difference. Found you couldn't pre-book exit seats

Guest Chandan

just a friendly re reminder as of may 2010 Qantas allow you to book exit row seats at an extra £80-90 on top of fare as long as not travelling with any health complications, children and you are happy to assist if any emergancies occur.. small price to pay if you are tall and need the extra room.. i wouldnt leave it to chance personally :D

They do, but apparently on a weird timetable. I got myself a direct via singapore flight to the UK for a couple of weeks time, but my partner who is flying out exactly a week later has to go through sydney first as there were no direct ones from Adelaide.

We came over in one of them and it was really quiet loved it...

We came over in one of them and it was really quiet loved it...

A380 the only way to fly whether its Quantas, Singapore or Malaysia....awesome plane.....

Even tho i may be a bit baissed due to working on it back in the UK....:):)

HG

Guest picklesmummy
    They do, but apparently on a weird timetable. I got myself a direct via singapore flight to the UK for a couple of weeks time, but my partner who is flying out exactly a week later has to go through sydney first as there were no direct ones from Adelaide.

That's my understanding too - iirc the Singapore to Adelaide flight runs on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, leaving about 10pm and landing in Adelaide early the next morning (7.00am I think). Its Quantas flight QF82.

Guest WhatNow?
    A380 the only way to fly whether its Quantas, Singapore or Malaysia....awesome plane.....

Even tho i may be a bit baissed due to working on it back in the UK....:):)

HG

Hi HG, as a man who knows, can you clear something up for me please? I have flown several times on A380s between here and the UK (it said so on my ticket, anyway!) and, as another member mentioned, I found no appreciable difference in the facilities and the plane was not obviously 'new'. Are there two generations of A380s? and if so how do you tell the difference when you book your tickets? I remember getting excited about it and then being quite disappointed. Same thing happened to rellies too...:confused:

Hi HG, as a man who knows, can you clear something up for me please? I have flown several times on A380s between here and the UK (it said so on my ticket, anyway!) and, as another member mentioned, I found no appreciable difference in the facilities and the plane was not obviously 'new'. Are there two generations of A380s? and if so how do you tell the difference when you book your tickets? I remember getting excited about it and then being quite disappointed. Same thing happened to rellies too...:confused:

We came on the second A380 that SIA to hold of...they only went into proper service around 2.5 years or so ago....

There is a big difference from the A380 and the 747 notably that the A380 has two decks that go the whole lenght of the plane, with cattle class being in the bottom deck and the rear of the top deck.....

Also the A380 has 49 % more room than the 747......their is alot more entertainment on offer on the A380....it is 2.4M longer and is 15M longer.

The A380s should all look pretty new....

The SIA and Quatas A380s now fly into Sydney....i am sure that if you have been on you will really tell the difference.

Qantas A380. Enjoy the journey.

Singapore Airlines New Economy Class

Some links for you take a look at...i hope this does not appear to sad.....lol

It has been a while since a have been in the gossip arena from the A380....

Also take a look at the Boeing Dreamliner it a bit late..but its looking good..

HG

We've just flew on one when we came back from Adelaide On the 28/8 How BIG. Landed at Hethrow pulled up along side a Jumbo and made it look small.

Check out THE GURU for seating and do the pre booking over the internet gets you through much quicker and alot less hassel.

Guest JamesP

all sounds good folks.hoping to book my flight in october. Was looking at Qantas. My question is has anyone flown internally in OZ? i might be going to NSW for a couple of months to see relatives first before coming to SA to enjoy my WHV.

Help and advice always welcome :D

James