Scozzie

Car fine

Hi all,

We are trying to sell our car at the minute and as we live on a quiet street, decided to put it out on the main road (Commercial Road) in Seaford Rise. We were not on a bicycle lane or obstructing traffic, it was on the bit at the side of the reserve (there were already 2 cars for sale there). Anyway we thought this would be a good idea as lots of traffic there today as it was such a nice day. Anyway we got a fine from Onkaparinga council as apparently this is now allowed $100........ ouch!! They have stated on their fine 'Hire/sell offer or exposure for hire or sale'!!!

Is this just a new law or is it something I should have been aware of, I see lots of cars on the side of road with for sale signs up.

Word of warning for anyone considering this.

Gillian

Lots of councils have started doing this there was a bit in the Sunday mail a few weeks ago about it and what councils are enforcing it.

Lots of councils have started doing this there was a bit in the Sunday mail a few weeks ago about it and what councils are enforcing it.

Baws, so I really need to start reading the papers. Thing is, I could have parked my car there and gone for a walk round the reserve how on earth can they dispute that!! Well I am gona do it and see wot kinda outcome I get!!

Aye but its a carsales.com ad in my car........... so if I drive to work and park then I have to remove everytime............ ?? Soz but this has pissed me off big time!! Its advertised online and then they post the sticker but if its illegal to display wtf do they give you it?!

Guest Guest75

It is against the law I'm afraid,too many cars left for sale on the roads causing a traffic hazard in some places.

Makes sense to me.:cute:

Guest tinkham_lee

I think its a good idea, I have seen a few accidents where a car driver suddenly slows to look at a car for sale and the car behind has run into the back of them, also a lot of people park their cars for sale on the corner of junctions, blocking the view of the road and in bike lanes.

As I understand it if you are parked in a car park then a for sale sign is allowed to be displayed but if you are parked on the side of the road or council owned land (except for a car park) then you can expect to be fined.

It is only Illegal in a couple of local councils in SA, and as Carsales.com.au is a national website they give everyone the signs, If the law was made statewide or national then they would have to stop sending the signs out.

Guest WhatNow?

"Its a pity they don't do this here in England."

They do - I remember it being in the news before I left in 2008.

Guest guest569

I saw it !!! Because it had the cars4sale.com sticker instead of the usual home made sign i thought it had just been left overnight after a party.:biglaugh:

Did it sell ???

I saw it !!! Because it had the cars4sale.com sticker instead of the usual home made sign i thought it had just been left overnight after a party.:biglaugh:

Did it sell ???

Nah, still for sale make me an offer lol!!

Guest thekings
    "Its a pity they don't do this here in England."

They do - I remember it being in the news before I left in 2008.

Not seen it enforced round my way yet, more's the pity, although to be fair it doesn't seem to happen as much. Perhaps the council are being somewhat discreet about it.