Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpgc03

Whoo hoo

Guest tpgc03

Just had the telephone call to say our 176 visa has been approved!! Whoo hoo....we are all in a state of shock and pretty speechless really.:biglaugh: It has been a long wait but all the stress, heartache, arguments have all been worth it!

Right 1001 things to do now, first thing book flights....oh BTW has anyone just arrived and got any good suggestions for reasonable one way flights, economy class from LH to Sydney.

Ta very much....TTFN

:jiggy:

Guest Django

Betcha can't stop smiling. ;)

Many congrats. Now don't hang about get them flights booked, removals sorted, goodbyes made, etc, etc, etc. But before all that crck open a bottle or two of South Aussie wine. ;):jiggy:

Guest The Dimmocks

Congratulations on getting Visa. It's a great feeling, I remember it well x

Congratulations! I know how we felt when our visas came through....we left 9 days later!

Lots of people use Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific. You should get the additional baggage allowance of 40kg's.

I was looking at flights the other day and Virginblue had some good one way deals but I am not sure about your route.

Tamara

Tamara

Guest tpgc03

thanks all for your msg's, we have literally just been walking round with plastered smiles on our faces! Django - might just have to crack open a bottle or 2 of Vino tonight..

Our route is to Sydney from London Heathrow, stay in Sydney for between 4 - 5 days for a friends wedding (30th Oct) and then onto Adelaide 1st week in November. Will have a look at Virgin Blue, we flew with Cathay last year and we were blown away by the level of service we received.

Will keep you all posted....TTFN

Guest cornish Busdriver

Big Congratulations to ya.

i still remember getting the phone call at 4.45am then rushing to the fridge to crack open the bottle of champane we had put back for it.

Now the fun starts getting everything sorted.

Guest behkarzad
    Just had the telephone call to say our 176 visa has been approved!! Whoo hoo....we are all in a state of shock and pretty speechless really.:biglaugh: It has been a long wait but all the stress, heartache, arguments have all been worth it!

Right 1001 things to do now, first thing book flights....oh BTW has anyone just arrived and got any good suggestions for reasonable one way flights, economy class from LH to Sydney.

Ta very much....TTFN

:jiggy:

Congradulations,

Happy for your happiness :cute:

Hope to spend lovely time there and thanks God :notworthy:

Guest leemina

Congratulations!!!! Bet its been a long time coming eh?? Lots to do now eh?? Lifes on hold and then fast forward :jiggy:

Hopefully we'll be in the same situation at the beginning of next year. I too am a nurse and got SA SS last month, 176 applied on 17th August so your timeline gives me something to work on.

Good luck and keep us all posted. Also pass on good luck to your wife, bet she cant wait to give her notice in. :P

Debbie

Guest friends4life

Congratulations Guys,

Wishing you all the happiness in the world........can remember the feeling well when we were told we had ours........keep smiling and enjoy the vino.

Cheers!

Guest thekings

Hi and congratulations, we are flying out to Hong Kong on the 15th Oct then to Sydney on the 17th ;) but not staying :arghh: straight onto Adelaide :D for 3 weeks.

Guest janmoo

Hi guys great news! We ve been there. Enjoy the party! And get ready for the hard work. We arrive 28 sept and ended up booking return flights as it was cheaper! Weird i know. We re goin with emirates again on a380 find jetlags a bit easier!

Good lyck and see ya on da beach at glenelg xx

Guest mandy.s

Congratulations,

what a feeling it must be to get that call

i wish you all the luck in the world and you will have to keep us updated every step of the way,

so us left behind can see what we have in front of us

great news really pleased for you all

take care

from Mandy

Guest guest3462

Congtatulations!! It really makes me smile when I hear such good news on visa fronts. we are waiting for our 176, we have our medicals next week but we are front loading them to try and move things along.

Really pleased for you guys. Good luck woth the big move!

JC x

Guest tpgc03

thanks guys for all your posts, broke the news to parents and outlaws last night and they were shaking, we guess that it all feels so real now and all the conversations we have had over the last 4 - 5 years about emigrating are flooding back. We feel nervous, excited, happy, sometimes we get the guilty feeling as we are taking Grandchildren away! It's weird because we feel that we can't show too much excitement/emotion in front of people, went to a Barbie [yes weather is pretty damn good for early Sep!!] yesterday in York to say tattie bye to some family....it was so hard :(

Booked our flights with Virgin Atlantic and we arrive in Sydney on 27th Oct, spend 4 nights there and then onto Adelaide on the 31st.

Anyone know anything about Tiger Airways? had a few quotes, Virgin Blue, Jetstar and Tiger appear to be the cheapest...I know it doesn't always pay to go cheap though!

TTFN

Guest guest3462

Avoid Tiger airlines. They are a pain in the ass with luggage and if you go slightly over the bill is massive!! It's worth paying a few extra dollars and coming qantas - at least you'll be ok with them and they feed you in flight!! Tiger air and virgin blue have no inflight facilities, which are valuable when flying with little ones xxx

Guest tpgc03

thanks guys, just looked at the uplevel luggage and like you say don't want to get stung at the airport with a stupid bill. Going to check Quantas out, didn't think of them!