Guest cazzie

2 year update

Guest cazzie

Well, I have been here two years today - I can't believe it!

I hated the first year which is well documented on PIA; I missed my family like crazy and although I still do, it is much more bearable.

Things also improved once I started working full time - I love my job teaching at a southern high school and I feel so much more settled all round.

I loved the summer, I'm fed up with the winter and I'm looking forward to better weather ahead.

Best of all, my eldest son (22) will be here tomorrow and I'm madly excited about seeing him! I have been home three times in the two years and that has helped enormously. However, being so far away has been very hard when Bill's mum died in February this year and my daughter had a baby girl in May. We went home for the funeral and will go home again at Christmas to see my granddaughter.

People have often said it takes two years to really settle and I have to say that I agree. So anyone who is worrying about settling, give it some real time. It's amazing how familiar everything becomes after two years and the lifestyle is definitely worth settling for.

Cheers! ;)

Guest Roo1

Oh my word, has it really been 2 years! I remember meeting you for the first time on our Seacliff to Brighton walks.

I'm so happy to hear you are settled hun and congrats on your new grand daughter!

You don't look old enough to be a granny. ;) Glamourous Granny doesn't do you justice.

Judi xxx

Well, I have been here two years today - I can't believe it!

I hated the first year which is well documented on PIA; I missed my family like crazy and although I still do, it is much more bearable.

Things also improved once I started working full time - I love my job teaching at a southern high school and I feel so much more settled all round.

I loved the summer, I'm fed up with the winter and I'm looking forward to better weather ahead.

Best of all, my eldest son (22) will be here tomorrow and I'm madly excited about seeing him! I have been home three times in the two years and that has helped enormously. However, being so far away has been very hard when Bill's mum died in February this year and my daughter had a baby girl in May. We went home for the funeral and will go home again at Christmas to see my granddaughter.

People have often said it takes two years to really settle and I have to say that I agree. So anyone who is worrying about settling, give it some real time. It's amazing how familiar everything becomes after two years and the lifestyle is definitely worth settling for.

Cheers! ;)

Glad to see your all settled now. Sure does grow on you this place.;)

Guest Guest75

I'm not saying anything sloppy and girly.............. Onya Cazzie!!!:D:D:D

Guest Trakki

great post, glad you are now settled and have a fab time with your son x