Guest taffgmg

Certified Copies

Guest taffgmg

Hello All,

Have spent the evening filling in our Visa forms. We appear to need to provide several certified copies of certain official documents.

Can anyone recommend where to get these done in the UK and how much it costs.

Probably a very simple question but I dont no the answer.

My OH says that is SA they just pop down to the town hall and get them done for free but not sure we can do the same over here.

Cheers

Martyn, Mel and Harry

Guest Django

Go to your local magistrates court. You will have to make an appointment and explain what you've got, why you need it done and answer a few questions but it won't cost you a penny. Well they never charged us. :D

Pete

Guest theshearers

We also went to a local solicitor who didn't charge us anything. One of the other ones wanted to charge us £2.50 per copy though, so if you can get a magistrate or JP to do it for nothing then that'll be your best option.

Vicki

Guest russell 12

just to add.... you can also have them certified from a professional who is governed by law..ie; doctor, nurse, police officer etc so i guess it depends who you know. i had mine certified by a nurse to submit my temporary vis for earlier this year when i went to Oz to work and all was well. If you go onto www.immi.gov.uk you can actually find a list of who can certify which includes the above.

Good Luck

Louise;)

Hi taffgmg,

I've just had some documents certified for our 457 visa application. Got a local solicitor to do it. She charged £1 per document , but it varies greatly.

I made an appointment at the magistrates court, went down there and they then tried to charge me £150 for 30 documents, you can only imageine where i told 'em to poke it.

Paul.

Guest Trakki

just to add.... you can also have them certified from a professional who is governed by law..ie; doctor, nurse, police officer etc so i guess it depends who you know. i had mine certified by a nurse to submit my temporary vis for earlier this year when i went to Oz to work and all was well. If you go onto www.immi.gov.uk you can actually find a list of who can certify which includes the above.

Good Luck

Louise;)

This is a result. I didn't realise nurses could do it. I am a nurse myself so could probably get someone at work to do it. What did you have them write on it? I assume this is ok for PR 175 visa too. read the web site but not 100% clear

Tracey

Guest russell 12

This is a result. I didn't realise nurses could do it. I am a nurse myself so could probably get someone at work to do it. What did you have them write on it? I assume this is ok for PR 175 visa too. read the web site but not 100% clear

Tracey

i think the guidelines for what written info is needed is also written on the webpage www.immi.gov.au. I think the nurse wrote her name, position and that she certified the copies to be true to the original...but please do check on the site for yourself. I am applying for my 457 now and need to double check what they are looking for before i send my details off. I am a nurse too, do you have a job over in Oz?

louise

Guest Trakki

I am a nurse too, do you have a job over in Oz?

louise

I sort of have an offer. I have been in contact with Flinders and they have said to contact them again when I have my visa and they will sort me out a job. They offered to sponser me but for many reasons I did not want to go down that route.

I have read the web site again and I think it will be ok to get one of my colleagues to certify everything.

Thanks again

Tracey

Guest taffgmg

Thankyou everybody.

Really glad I asked the question as my OH is a nurse sat Torbay Hospital at the moment so will be able to get someone from work to certify them hopefully

My wife used to work at Flinders in the Itensive Care unit before she emigrated over here so if you want to know anything about Flinders etc drop us a line and I'm sure she'd be more than glad to try and help.

Thansk again

Martyn