Guest mark&rachel

Exchange Rate

Guest mark&rachel

For those still waiting for the exhange rate to move in any direction other than down.

Can it get any worse!!:arghh:

its driving us round the twist,however we have decided to take the plunge and buy a house,we are going to be exchanging in the next week or so ,,fingers crossed but not holding my breath!

Guest Mark Xpnsit

I think that might be the right move, taking the plunge! I believe it will go back up but think it might take a bit of time - by the time you pay both ends for the transfer and lose out on the exhange rate you end up losing a lot (when I first came here it was over $3, almost 3.5 to the pound!)

I hope the $ stays strong as all my money is tied up here and it great to go back on holiday with some spending money..

Guest Guest75
    I think that might be the right move, taking the plunge! I believe it will go back up but think it might take a bit of time - by the time you pay both ends for the transfer and lose out on the exhange rate you end up losing a lot (when I first came here it was over $3, almost 3.5 to the pound!)

$3.5 to 1 UK pound???

I've never seen that in any historical data to suggest that high rate!:shocked:

In the very late 90's we saw some very good rates around the $3 but that was on a daily basis.

Was just looking at some exchange rate comparisons, the highest rate for the last 10 years was back in September 2001, I have never seen it at $3 AUD

October 2009 $2.46592

January 2008 $2.50214

June 2004 $2.63539

January 2003 $2.77531

September 2002 $2.84801

September 2001 $2.90342

The dollar's still going up generally at the moment against the pound, but do bear in mind that interest rates here are much higher than in the UK so what you lose on the rate of exchange, you may gain back by getting it over here sooner and putting it on deposit. I know some places have been advertising rates around 6% on deposits here - what's the average in the UK at the moment??

Guest mark&rachel

well going to bite the bullet. can anyone advise on a good money exchange company? Not signed up for any yet.

Guest Guest5035
    The dollar's still going up generally at the moment against the pound, but do bear in mind that interest rates here are much higher than in the UK so what you lose on the rate of exchange, you may gain back by getting it over here sooner and putting it on deposit. I know some places have been advertising rates around 6% on deposits here - what's the average in the UK at the moment??

so simple isn't it di...

stevo

Guest RichandHelen

Bite the bullet. This is the norm now. The exchange rate wont get much better, ever