Beanbear

Costs of selling a house

Hi,

We are going to be putting our house on the market in the next few months and are trying to make a list of some expenses - jobs to do on the house etc.. We just wondered how much real estate agents charge for selling/marketing etc.. Anyone who has done this recently could you give us some idea? I know it is slightly negotiable but a rough idea would be great.

Guest Guest5035

the agents will probably start off at 3% but is negotiable plus advertising, remember the house will sell itself if you presnet it well, my daughters boyfriend is in realestate.

stevo

I have just sold a property.

Negotiate with the agent! I paid 2% to Ray Whites.

There's the cost of the signboard, internet listing, ads in the messenger, leaflets, Advertiser weekly ads but it all depends upon size of the pictures....maybe another $2000.

Tamara

Guest WhatNow?

Definately depends on who you go to. My sister sold with Toop and Toop as they had a high value property to sell and paid loads more for the glossy advertising that Toop and Toop do. Can't say I was impressed but the sales agent though - he seemed to be more concerned with the buyer's convenience and priorities than the vendors'.

Guest The Hadleys
    Hi,

We are going to be putting our house on the market in the next few months and are trying to make a list of some expenses - jobs to do on the house etc.. We just wondered how much real estate agents charge for selling/marketing etc.. Anyone who has done this recently could you give us some idea? I know it is slightly negotiable but a rough idea would be great.

Hi Beanbear

I work in Real Estate here in South Australia, I would be happy to give you an appraisal and obviously discuss fee's. In the UK I worked for Halifax Property Services so I have lots of experience. Give me a call I would be happy to give you any advice you may need.

Dawn Hadley

Elders Real Estate - Aberfoyle/Flagstaff Hill - 0425381964