Prema

Open air market - Gepps cross

We went for the first time to Gepps Cross market today. Wish the weather was a little better, but I could not believe the prices there.

The veggies were so fresh and so much choice. I normally spend $60-$70 a week in the local grocers. At the market I actually only spent $30 and walked away with my 2 very big blue tesco shopping bags full to the brim!!

O/H was moaning about being out on a Sunday and that it was raining, but when he saw how much money was left over, he stopped... funny that...

There is the Willunga Farmers Market!!

Only been once and was ok....think because it was windy and raining there were a few stalls empty though!

Dan

Did you find the the food tasty though? When I have been, the food has been dire, you get what you pay for IMO.

EDIT. I was referring to the junction market at Gepps Cross, not the Sunday open air one. Sorry for any confusion.

Actually I just finished cooking stir fry, used the green beans, pak choi, and sweet peas that we bought from the market, it tastes just great, so fresh and crisp. I also made salad with the toms, cucumber and lettuce, last night and my daughter who is not a fan of veggies ate everything on her plate!!!

I can confirm that the market was a hit.... Will defo be going again nxt week.

I've been Gepps cross market few times and had loads of cheap fruit and veg, and the herbs are brilliant value for money and lovely and fresh, the fish stall sells great mussells and crabs too, only shame no meat stalls there, don't forget it doubles up as an outdoor cinema in the evenings, my kids think its brill, when the weather improves i'll be visiting more often