Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rover

On Arrival Accomodation - is it back??

Guest Rover

Hi, I've just seen a reference in another thread to the OAA service having been extended to December, rather than having been cut on July 1st as had been planned -

IS THIS TRUE ??????????

Having applied for it back in June/July time, and being told it was being suspended we went ahead and booked a private short-term let for the first few days after we are due to arrive (Thanks, Roo).

However, we have not got anything sorted beyond that, so if the OAA service is back running again, we would be very interested in using the service for a while, once the initial let finishes, while we find our bearings.

I have emailed them back explaining our situation, but wondered whether anyone has any more information about what has happened and whether they've been willing or able to help other people in our position?

Guest WhatNow?

The page is now reinstated on their website and the mention of the removal of the service is no longer there - as some people have booked it recently then it is obviously back for the moment. No harm in applying is there? If you don't ask, you won't get. I know that DTED has been considering selling off the housing stock it uses so it may not be available for ever.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/on_arrival_services/on_arrival_public_accommodation.jsp

Guest liamcnaught
    Hi, I've just seen a reference in another thread to the OAA service having been extended to December, rather than having been cut on July 1st as had been planned -

IS THIS TRUE ??????????

Having applied for it back in June/July time, and being told it was being suspended we went ahead and booked a private short-term let for the first few days after we are due to arrive (Thanks, Roo).

However, we have not got anything sorted beyond that, so if the OAA service is back running again, we would be very interested in using the service for a while, once the initial let finishes, while we find our bearings.

I have emailed them back explaining our situation, but wondered whether anyone has any more information about what has happened and whether they've been willing or able to help other people in our position?

Hi

Yes they have reinstated it....we have organised a short term rental (fully paid) for 3 weeks and I had emailed them to ask if we can apply for OAA for after that time. They replied today to say this would only be available for when we arrive!!

I have found them really prompt at replying and also very helpful..

Good luck

Lia

Guest juandbren

Hi,

Could you give us the contact details of the meet and greet and OAA,will this be available for July 2011 ?

Thanks in advance

Bren and Ju

Guest liamcnaught
    Hi,

Could you give us the contact details of the meet and greet and OAA,will this be available for July 2011 ?

Thanks in advance

Bren and Ju

Hi

Of course DTEDImmigrationSAArrivalServices@sa.gov.au

Service has been extended till 31st December 2010

Lia