jim&nik

Ozzy mortgages

Please could anyone help. What is the rule of thumb to work out what you can borrow as a house buyer.:confused: short and sweet.

JIM.

Got to go new deadliest catch is on.;)

If you look for Andrew Williams on here is is a mortgage broker(think thats the correct term).

He has sorted us and lots of other poms out with very good deals.

If you can not find him let me know and i will find him for you.

Rob

Sorry I got no answers Jim - just more questions!!

I'm interested in how much of a deposit is needed nowadays... (looks like we'll be living on fresh air for a while as it is, with our house here not selling, but would still like to buy not too long after we arrive).

Cheers

Hazel.

Please could anyone help. What is the rule of thumb to work out what you can borrow as a house buyer.:confused: short and sweet.

JIM.

Hi Jim

There is no rule of thumb as such, it is based on a number of factors including income,how many adults/children in the household, any fixed expenses, credit card limits etc etc, then each Bank apply a buffer of around 1.5% ish which determines borrowing power.

Happy to provide detailed borrowing power for you based on your circumstances if you want to PM me.

Regards

Andy

Sorry I got no answers Jim - just more questions!!

I'm interested in how much of a deposit is needed nowadays... (looks like we'll be living on fresh air for a while as it is, with our house here not selling, but would still like to buy not too long after we arrive).

Cheers

Hazel.

Hi Hazel

Certainly 20% is the amount you would want to aim at ideally as it means that you will not pay lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) and as said offers a bit more flexibility.

However if 20% is a bit much then there are Banks/lenders offering higher loan to value mortgages some up to 97% but generally these require very strong applicants.

That said 90% loans at the moment seem to be going through without too many issues.

Regards

Andy

Guest The Hadleys

JIM.

Hi

If anyone is thinking of buying, I work for Elders Real Estate, Aberfoyle/Flagstaff, I will be more than happy to help you find a property.

Just give me a call 0425 381 964

Regards

Dawn