Guest soggy

wine info please

Guest soggy

Hi,

I am looking for wine this time, about 10 cases, none for me;).

Does anyone have any contacts at a winery or know of one that sells in bulk, it is likely to be at least 10 cases maybe more, and maybe it could become a regular thing.

Low price would be more important than the quality as it would be for export to a country where the people have very little taste:D

Simon

We get ours from Tony Sells (Buy wines online Australia wide | Premium wines direct) - they regularly do Buy One Case Get Another Free deals - even occasionally Buy One Case Get Two More Free (hic!) and prices can work out less than $5 a bottle on the 2 for 1 deals, down to around $3 a bottle on the 3-for-one deals. They're very helpful on the phone - you could give them a ring and see if they have any deals that would suit you.

We get ours from Tony Sells (Buy wines online Australia wide | Premium wines direct) - they regularly do Buy One Case Get Another Free deals - even occasionally Buy One Case Get Two More Free (hic!) and prices can work out less than $5 a bottle on the 2 for 1 deals, down to around $3 a bottle on the 3-for-one deals. They're very helpful on the phone - you could give them a ring and see if they have any deals that would suit you.

For the best Wine Names

Claymore Wines Claymore Wines | Our Wines

for cheapo wine, keep a look out for cleanskins (basically the last of last years wine that hasn't sold yet and they need the space, so end up in bottles without labels sold cheap). We got a case of 12 for $25 a few months ago. think they're only available from the cellar doors, but you could ring around and ask.

Getwinesdirect sell cleanskins as well, and you'll find them in places like Dan Murphy's and 1st Choice wine shops too. We have never had a bad wine from te Coonawarra Region, so if you ever see a reasonably priced cleanskiin from there (and you like reds) buy a case!! It's not always last years wine, sometimes the wine maker just has too much wine to fit in a particular number of bottles, so rather than pay for expensive labelling, he will just sell them as cleanskins (either via cellar doors or direct to a wholesaler such as DM's) and the label will show the grape, the region, and the alcohol content only. No mention of the vineyard.

Wine in boxes (casks as they are called here) are most often much lower in alcohol content than a bottle - leading me to think they have probably been watered down - so I refuse to buy them!

Getwinesdirect sell cleanskins as well, and you'll find them in places like Dan Murphy's and 1st Choice wine shops too. We have never had a bad wine from te Coonawarra Region, so if you ever see a reasonably priced cleanskiin from there (and you like reds) buy a case!! It's not always last years wine, sometimes the wine maker just has too much wine to fit in a particular number of bottles, so rather than pay for expensive labelling, he will just sell them as cleanskins (either via cellar doors or direct to a wholesaler such as DM's) and the label will show the grape, the region, and the alcohol content only. No mention of the vineyard.

Wine in boxes (casks as they are called here) are most often much lower in alcohol content than a bottle - leading me to think they have probably been watered down - so I refuse to buy them!

Di, some wines (maybe all, I don't know) are the same in casks as the bottles, the ones at Penfolds (when I worked there) were certainly not watered down.