Diane

Billy Connolly coming back to Oz

.... Adelaide Ents Centre on 4th February!

Saw him last time, absolutely brilliant but not for the easily offended!!!

Guest WhatNow?

Yes - I wonder how many up-tight Adelaidians will walk out this time...?

It was hilarious on the DVD when they started taking that long walk up the aisles accompanied by him telling them to 'P**S off as he didn't want people like that in his audience'! Makes you wonder if any of them had even seen or heard him before, and it was noticeable that most of them were going from the front few rows where maybe, just maybe, they hadn't actually paid for the seats themselves.

Will make sure I get my tickets early...

Guest motlyman

Got loads of his dvds. Absolutely hilarious

Definitely going to that one :notworthy:

Colin

Guest katieb

Thanks for that Diane my husband loves him, will make sure I get some tickets. Any ideas how I can get a password for the presale online?

Katie

Guest guest3462

We'll be going to this one!! I saw him in Manchester years ago and he was hilarious!

Can't believe it... have always wanted to see him live, OH and me thing he's brilliant. We arrive in Adelaide on 12th Feb :arghh:

Scott

Can't believe it... have always wanted to see him live, OH and me thing he's brilliant. We arrive in Adelaide on 12th Feb :arghh:

Scott

Thats sucks :-(

there seems t be plenty of talent coming here and more than I would have had chance to see in the UK so I am sure you will have plenty of options for things you want to see

Are they genuine? i.e. have you bought tickets before from there? Don't want to miss out...

Guest katieb

Just to let you all know that there is a pre-sale on today for the tickets but only if you have a Visa card (password is VISA). Please note that you also have to pay a premium of an extra $20 per ticket.

K

Guest Martin and Val

A good friend purchased our tickets today so four of us will be sat there laughing our heads off. I for one, can't wait.:biglaugh:

We paid the $20 extra reserve paying a total of $129 for B reserve seats. If you want A reserve seats which are a little nearer to the stage you will pay $169

Hope you, and we, all have a great time.

Martin

Guest fredhargreaves

Sorry to rain on this jolly parade.

A common mistake amongst migrants everywhere is to assume that everything back home is how it was the day they left.

According to AA Gill:

Billy Connolly: not just not funny any more, but gone to an anti-funny alternative universe.

Elsewhere he said somthing along the lines of: "Once made us die laughing - now less funny live than Ingmar Bergman dead." but that seems to be hidden behind Murdoch's paywall.

Personally after the Ken Bigley episode I would not go on principle. I take my hat off to the guy who heckled him with the comment "That's a man's life you're talking about."

How many of us would have had the bottle to do that?

Beyond that I have to agree with Gill. He was hilarious once and now he's not. He knows it. You can see it in his eyes.

He's not alone - Ben Elton, Lenny Henry - once hilarious - now not.

Guest JACK JONES

Lenny Henry has NEVER been funny , and is still using the same 'gags' he used 30 years ago.

Guest PeteB

Gotta agree with you there Fred - Connolly hasn't been funny for a long time, and basically sold his sold to the devil (thanks Bill Hicks) the day he died his beard purple for the National bloody Lottery.

Guest WhatNow?

If you read his biography you'll see that he didn't dye his beard purple for the lottery, but has an annual rant against age by doing something outrageous on every birthday. The purple beard was one of these 'gestures'.

Guest PeteB

Oh right. Quite a happy coincidence that just happened to the the corporate colours of the lottery too then eh. And doesn't change the fact he was a paid shill for the idiot tax.

Guest WhatNow?

Don't see the point you are trying to make, PeteB. Whether you like a comedian or not or are an idiot or not, don't see why you shouldn't get paid for something you do for a living...

Guest PeteB

My point is simply that he used his not inconsiderable personality and influence to promote something that inspires false hope and is most attractive to those who can least afford to spend their money on it - lottery tickets. He didn't need the money, so why do the ad? I (and many others) lost all respect for him as a consequence.

Anyway, no offence intended!

Guest angiestaff

woohoo we have tickets too! :jiggy:

sounds like it'll be a P.I.A night out then lol

ange