Tamara (Homes Down Under)

Best Price: Paint at Bunnings

Hi,

I have just returned from Bunnings Noarlunga. Another house renovation for me in Port Noarlunga coming up!

They have Nippon paint at reduced prices. I spoke to the manager who told me that Nippon have pulled out of Oz and once the paint gone that's it.

Anyway...the stock that they have is selling at a really reduced price so it's a good time to buy and stock up for summer. My OH is the painter and he's used Nippon...he recommends it. (Maybe other painters have comments?).

It's a good time to save some dollars if you have maintenanc or renovations to do.

Tamara

I used to work there, and my contacts rate this paint very highly...and are at a loss as to why it is beinf pulled....

Bout 30 Bux for 4 litres last time i was in there....bout week or so ago....

HG

In the latest skirmish in the battle for paint department shelf space Nippon Paints has been destocked by Bunnings.

The move is testament to the turnaround underway at Wattyl, which is No. 2 behind Dulux in the local paint market. It was dissatisfaction with Wattyl's supply chain management that saw Bunnings invite Nippon onto the shelves two years ago.

But with Wattyl reinvigorated, and soon to be owned by Valspar, it seems Bunnings no longer sees a need to sponsor a challenger brand.

While there's been no word from Singapore-based Nippon, there is every chance that Asia's leading paint brand will disappear from the market. Bunnings has been the group's only local customer.

Guest n_n_d

Seems as though other Bunnings stores haven't reduced their prices yet ie Kent Town.

Anyone aware if this applies to Noarlunga store only at the moment ?

Seems as though other Bunnings stores haven't reduced their prices yet ie Kent Town.

Anyone aware if this applies to Noarlunga store only at the moment ?

Its down at Marion was in there today.Kent town is quite a small one it might only be the warehouses that are down just now.