Bailey

City to Bay

Hi Everyone

On Sunday 19th September my husband Peter Jackson will be running on behalf of "Canteen" Australian organisation for young people living with cancer.They provide support services to their members who are young people 12/24 years living with cancer.

Three months ago a dear friend of ours passed away having suffered for the passed 3 years with lung cancer aged 43! Dean arrived with his wife and 4 beautiful girls from England five years ago.He always helped new families by giving valuable info on Adelaidebrits this is how we met.....

Canteen have been so important in the girls lives - they have experienced wonderful weekends away for example Flinders Ranges,snorkelling, waterrafting,camping to name but a few....

If anyone was considering sponcering an organisation I would be grateful if you would consider Canteen

Thanks for taking the time to read this

PS our team page is at Everyday Hero: Raise More Than a Sweat - Sunday Mail City-Bay 2010

Regards

Fiona Jackson

Thank you Tina and good luck to your husband too!

Damms thank you for your kind words.

BTW I have just sponcered my husband and found out that on my receipt it states that anything over $2 are tax deducttible!!

Fiona

Yep every donation to charity over $2 is tax deductible so keep the receipts it all helps and goes to great causes

Kim

Guest needtogonow

The very best of luck to everyone who is running and supporting this vital, worthwhile cause.

My husband and myself are a little too late to take part in this years run but will see you all for the next one.

Bex.

Guest n_n_d

Hope everyone enjoyed their run.

It was certainly good running conditions. I thought they would have posted the results on the website by now -the Advertiser must want every participant to get one of their free newspapers.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hope everyone enjoyed their run.

It was certainly good running conditions. I thought they would have posted the results on the website by now -the Advertiser must want every participant to get one of their free newspapers.

It said in Saturdays paper results will be shown on website from 9am on Tuesday 21st

Guest The Dimmocks
    I got my time - 1 hr 8 mins 56 secs :-)

Did you get your photo? Been looking all day but saying not uploaded yet. Got my time from paper. 2hr 17mins 29 secs, not as good as yours Jo. Well done x

Yeah my name was in there!! Wasn't first was in the 3000's lol but I was walking with my 2 year old niece as well, so couldn't go too fast haha.

Doing the 12km run next year.

Guest The Dimmocks

I'm in there too, got my free paper yesterday. Will be taking part next year as well as a walker again but will beat my time from this year.