TV

Guest Emilymae

Guest Emilymae

Hi,

my name is Emily and i live in Norfolk, England. My family and i are planning on making the move to adelaide. I wonder if anyone could tell me what the tv situation is like in australia. I am a big fan of doctor who, merlin, britains got talent, Xfactor, ect. and i was wondering if you can watch these programmes as a series every week like in the UK. Also how far behind with the series of merlin and doctor who are you?

I would be grateful for any answers

Also does iplayer work really well in australia like in the uk or is it slower. can you even use iplayer at all?

thanks

emily

xx:unsure:

Guest guest4829
Hi,

my name is Emily and i live in Norfolk, England. My family and i are planning on making the move to adelaide. I wonder if anyone could tell me what the tv situation is like in australia. I am a big fan of doctor who, merlin, britains got talent, Xfactor, ect. and i was wondering if you can watch these programmes as a series every week like in the UK. Also how far behind with the series of merlin and doctor who are you?

Also does iplayer work really well in australia like in the uk or is it slower. can you even use iplayer at all?

thanks

emily

Hi Emily,

Australia have there own version of most of the reality shows so the UK ones are not shown on free to air shows most of the time (Masterchef is the No 1 show out here). However you can watch BBC iplayer etc BUT ONLY if you install a program that allows you to fool the BBC, ITV sites into thinking you are still in the UK such as Watch UK TV Online which costs about £5 a month This site also allows you to watch American TV programs as well so you can actually end up watching your favourite american shows ahead of the UK.

Hope this helps

Daniel

Yep as said Dr Who a week behind!

No Britains got Talent....we do get Australias got Talent and Oz X Factor though....x factor is on now!

Merlin is shown shortly after Uk as well!

Most the talent shows are shown twice a week...... although when the x factor started all the auditions were done monday to friday!!

Dan

Guest -x- ellie -x-
thank you for your posts they were really helpful

emily

xx

we have x-factor australia now and australias got talent, theres a channel if you get a foxtel box (which is just like sky) and its called UK TV and it has merlin and all the BBC stuff:wubclub:

• 7 months later...
Guest WhatNow?
hi Emily I love doctor who as well hopefully it will be on over there

Dr Who started last weekend - on Saturday and repeated on Sunday on ABC

Hi Emily,

Dont worry about the TV- once you get here you'll be outside that much you won't watch telly anymore! Netball is BIG here so you are into the right sport.

if you really cant do without BBC Iplayer there is a free program for your PC like the one mentioned above now. It does have ads on but it does work with Iplayer and ITV player etc. I only got it to watch Moto GP with british commentary...

If you type a search into google for "watch bbc iplayer" and a link with the same name will appear. You will have to do that when you are here though.

All the programs you have mentioned are here on normal tv in some shape or form though.

You will have to leave the telly a bit though to get out playing netball and making new friends. You will find that very easy here as people over here are very friendly.

Good luck.

Guest Emilymae

Thanks,

i'm hoping to be outside a lot more as i'm always inside 'cause its so cold here....

i'm sure i'll get used to the tv just like everything else that will be out there!

emily

xx

You can download British X Factor and plenty of others, from http://www.uknova.com .

You have to wait until the Monday to download Saturday's show, but it's worth the wait!

Hi,

thanks

emily