Guest JACK JONES

Stoping smoking- champix tablets ?

Guest JACK JONES

Has anybody tried using CHAMPIX tablets to stop smoking?

I know they have been available in the UK for a while, and are now available in Australia.

From what i have read on other forums , they seem to do the trick.

They are being described as ' a new miracle tablet ' .

Thanks.

Yeah tried them....did the trick until i came off them, then after about a month or so...went back to smoking...but i made the mistake of not finishing the course....thought i had cracked it and couldnt be bothered to take them anymore...

You can get them on prescription, which brings the cost down, but only get one shot at it a year through medicare.

Be warned, they can make you feel really sick...really weird dreams, thats when you stay asleep....find i would wake up in the middle of the night and struggle to get back to sleep...

yep i tried em and lasted about 10days on them, felt weird, flu like symptoms, bad dreams spaced out etc so stopped em, the side effects are awful but if you can stick with them they are meant to work, good luck

Guest Denise 42

Hi

tried them and they do make you cut down the first week things to remember

they can make you very emotional so if you suffer from depression DONT go there

Guest Jules37

Hi

I have been on them and have so far lasted 12 days with not having even a puff of a fag. My O/H is still smoking and that doesn't even make me want a fag. I have not had any sickness symptons but I have made sure that I take them after food and at the same time each day. I have had some wierd dreams and have waken up a lot at night but I feel that this is a small price to pay. I have tried loads of things in the past but this has been the easiest for me so far. I have not really had any cravings for a fag. I have thought about them but don't actually want one so I think that is more about the habit of smoking rather than missing having a fag.

Some people do seem to find that these tablets don't agree with them but I have been fine so I would say give them a try and if you don't get on with them then try something else. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Jules

I tried champix a couple of years ago,,,did the trick with the smokes but made me quite ill,,same pattern as everyone else is describing,,however was back on the smokes as soon as i finished the course, have currently been off the smokes using nicabate chewing gum for nearly 4 weeks,just keep reminding myself of how bad they are,expensive etc and am actualy feeling quite good,suppose its 80% willpower in the end.Went to docs last week to get some support and he says that nicotine is more addictive than heroin,,so good luck whoever is trying to stop!