Diane

Teenage Birthday Celebration Suggestions

Have been having real trouble thinking of what to do for DD's forthcoming 16th birthday here. Don't really want a party at the house - don't want to spend much more than a couple of hundred dollars - birthday is at the end of September so not great weather.

Anyone got any suggestions? She and her friends are not into makeup and stuff like that particularly, and there's the usual teenage angst of "If I invite x, I have to invite y, and then x and y will just go off together and ignore me!"....

I'm pretty stumped!

Any suggestions??

I would suggest Go Karting at Richmond....just as much fun for girls as boys...and if they are not girlie girls, then even better!

Guest Guest5035

Say somewhere like Cafe Primos at the Plaza followed by the Cinema followed by a ice cream sundae opposite Cafe Primos, then a sleepover at your place, too easy Di. A couple of 100 will cover that.

Stevo

Trouble is I really hate sleepovers!! DD isn't a late night bird - always wakes up at 6am regardless of how late she's got to sleep (if at all, after a sleepover) - and then is hell on earth for about four days afterwards!! Might have to bite the bullet I guess though .... :arghh:

I like the sound of high tea/afternoon tea somewhere "cool" though....and I see Westlakes also do cruises with "singalongs"!!

Go-karting is also another good option, thanks for that.

Guest Guest5035

....and I see Westlakes also do cruises with "singalongs"!!

QUOTE]

Di is it a birthday party for your daughter or yourself,,,,,,,,,singalongs.....sounds Darby and Joan........could be yours i guess!!

Stevo

my daughter went on a cruise last summer for her friend's 16th and yes they were the youngest on the boat but had a good time anyway.

one we've done is Temptation sailing out of Glenelg.....sunset option if available. Sail up the coast to Brighton on the big Cat and then we took em for dinner in Glenelg.....then packed em off home :)

Guest katsmajic

Ive seen that one advertised, looks fab, my daughter likes the look of it too.

my daughter went on a cruise last summer for her friend's 16th and yes they were the youngest on the boat but had a good time anyway.

one we've done is Temptation sailing out of Glenelg.....sunset option if available. Sail up the coast to Brighton on the big Cat and then we took em for dinner in Glenelg.....then packed em off home :)