Sign in to follow this  
Guest Libby1971

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! I can't stand this waiting!!!!!!

Guest Libby1971

Sorry about this to all calm, tranquil and reasonable posters.

I am none of the above and rapidly losing what few marbles are left.

I have my positive skills assessment, :) I have my completed and submitted application form. :) I have done my meds and had my police checks done. :):) I have sold my house and streamlined my remaining contents (a bit anyway). :D I have been asked to pay the money for the bond and did that almost 2 weeks ago. :D:D I have even handed in my notice because I am determined that come the middle of April I am heading somewhere even if it is only 40 miles up the road. :?

What I don't have is a decision...and it is driving me mad! :( I want to cry with frustration or shout. I know that I should expect this but I am a grown up (apparently) and this kind of petulance is unbecoming. Do I care? Not a bit!

Anyone else care to join me in a bit of foot stomping release of frustration? Come on down, I can share.

I feel a tiny bit better now. Thank you

:wink:

Libby

Guest Libby1971

I have just reread this and it sounds incredibly petulant not least because there are lots of people who are not this fortunate.

I am sorry if I across as insensitive.

Guest dglamoore

awwww hun I will join you :cry:

You don't sound petulant at all - this visa process is incredably stressful and frustrating. We have had all paperwork and meds, pc's etc in with our case officer since early December and are now on CO number 3 but no visa :shock:

It does get you down and each day we race to see if 'that' email is there but nothing. We also need to go around mid April as our business property lease expires then and our landlady is selling this house so seems the weeks are flying by which makes it worse :?

Keep your chin up - we will both be posting "we got it's" before you know it and this is a great place to vent as we all go through the same thing at some point.

:wink:

Lisa :D

Hi Libby

I too think your message sounds perfectly fine!

We too are having to give a bond, and I was always told that once the bond had been requested that it would be a just a couple of weeks before you got the visa.................it wont be long now.....

hang in there......

sarahx

Guest RandC

Help I'm confused :( I thought I had really researched the whole process, but hadn't realised about the AOS bond. I have just been looking at the immi site :? and I am really concerned now. For an SIR, it seems to say that the AOS is discretionary, but if requested, must be provided by an Aussie. Help I don't know any who could do this. Can a financial institution provide one? Really sorry for sounding thick. PS Libby, don't think you sound insensitive, it's just a long process and you're nearly there :)

Cari

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Thanks for being so understanding...I have been hounding our migration agent today. I am off ill which hasn't improved my mood. I have a mountain of deadlines to meet by the end of the week and no way of getting the work to complete them. Aaaahhh, the price of doing a job I love - the downside is that even when ill and sleeping most of the time, I feel guilty coz I am not doing school related stuff!

Cari, don't panic! We are going in on a skilled independent visa, NOT the SIR. If we fail this visa (subclass 136), then we will try for the regional if we can do that. For the visa I am applying on, a bond is paid by us, from the UK or wherever you happen to be, of $100 000 and then your visa is granted I hope. I paid my money 2 weeks ago. OMG. This gives you 5 points towards your total.

I don't know what an AOS bond is but it sounds like it could be Awfully 'Ot Sunshine. What do you think? (I promise the most exciting thing I have consumed all day is a full bottle of Lucozade) :shock:

Guest Guest75
    I have just reread this and it sounds incredibly petulant not least because there are lots of people who are not this fortunate.

I am sorry if I across as insensitive.

Not at all.

We went through this and to be honest the waiting started many arguments in our household.

It is tough waiting and if you wanna let steam off - steam away!!

;-)

Guest Libby1971

DISASTER!!!!!!

We paid our bond money as I said, I knew things were looking too rosy!

I rang the treasury last night to check (trying to speed things along if I am honest). I was expecting them to say yes, everything is fine and we have notified immigration of your successful payment. In stead they said we haven't received your money!" :shock:

AAAARRRGGGHH - I rang the bank and it has come out of my account (now that's a surprise). :? SO I felt sick last night but I slept better than I thought and now for some serious phone calls to banks and financial institutions today.

Have a nice day :wink:

Libby

Guest jen&ian

Hi Libby,

Read your last two posts with a growing sense of horror. Paying our bond will be next stage for us (I need a large glass of wine and an even larger bar of chocolate every time i think about it :shock: ). Really hope you get your situation sorted. Fingers crossed.

Jen & Ian

Guest Libby1971

Hi Jen & Ian

Feeling a bit down but not defeated yet. Royal Mail won't investigate because it isn't lost until 21-25 days after it was posted. But, because it is overseas, they can only trace it until it leaves the UK. And it left on 25th Jan...Immigration deadlines mean nothing.

Bank has put on a trace on the money trying to work out where it is. They know it left my account and was sent to the agent bank in the UK. Now they have no idea where it is if it isn't where it should be but are confident they can find it. It could take 5 days and I will have to pay for the privilege of finding out where my own money is but hey, ho...

A bit despondent. My boiler has broken so no central heating when I got home. And some horrible child in Sophie's class told her that she'd seen her Dad (who is also her teacher) kissing one of the women teachers in the Science cupboard. Sophie told me because she knows Daddy can make me feel better! I know this is unlikely to be true because my beloved is a grumpy old man and he is too old, miserable and tired to have any kind of social life that doesnn't involve me. Plus I do believe the silly old sod loves me to bits...

So on that note, I am making a cup of tea and having a chocolate hob nob

Libby :wink: :roll:

Guest dglamoore

So on that note, I am making a cup of tea and having a chocolate hob nob

Libby :wink: :roll:

Hi Libby

Don't blame you for the choccie bics - I would be too. They always say things come in threes so you have had yours 3 things now so things will start to get better :roll:

Fingers crossed the bank find your money quick and get it sorted - I love the way they charge for the privilage of finding something they lost :twisted:

Lisa

Guest ladybird

Just a thought - get the bank to check the account numbers where all correct as i recently 'lost' 2.5k as the cashier typed in 013 not 313 and it was sat in an account waiting to be claimed!!!! They sorted it out that day but it was actually 5months down the line before i actually knew the money was missing so at least you're ahead of the game!!

Keep us updated

vx

Guest Libby1971

Panic over...

Had an email tonight from Down Under to say they have found the money allocated by us and have begun processing of it. Hooray!

Feeling a great deal of relief, as I am sure you can imagine. Back to being excited and nervous and eager all at the same time.

Thanks for support guys...

Love Libby :D

Guest Guest75
    Panic over...

Had an email tonight from Down Under to say they have found the money allocated by us and have begun processing of it. Hooray!

Feeling a great deal of relief, as I am sure you can imagine. Back to being excited and nervous and eager all at the same time.

Thanks for support guys...

Love Libby :D

Phew!!!! :o:o

Let's hope that is it for stressful moments now!

Guest dglamoore

Hi Libby

Thats fantastic news - look forward to seeing you have your visa any day now :lol: :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest jen&ian

Hi Libby,

Thats great news about the money, what a relief!

I can really sympathise with you over the boiler we had no hot water or heat for 2 weeks last year, why does it always happen when its freezing?

Hope its all plain sailing from now on.

See ya,

Jen & Ian

Guest donna T

Hi Libby

Sorry that I must ahve missed the original posting and haven't lent my supprt before - WHAT A NIGHTMARE :roll:

Keeping everything crossed that all works out okay for you - please let us all know that your OH is not kissing in cupboards (sure he isn't)

Fingers crossed for a swift visa now

Guest Libby1971

Hi Donna

Things are getting better. Boilers fixed so at least I can stress in a hot bath now. Bond is now being being processed - apparently when the money was sent through to the treasury by the bank, the name of the sender (i.e. me) was left off. Other bond payers, take note and make sure your bank does do this.

OH is a teacher at Sophie's school, in fact Sophie's class. It turns out it was a spiteful lie by one child to upset another (my dad's better than your dad style thing). I am so angry that Sophie has been upset by it. OH is angry now that she is upset and that I might have been to.

I took loads of pictures of the girls playing in the snow and I shall stick them all over the house in Oz on the beach when I find one!

Libby