Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveblade178

Dog Shippers

Guest daveblade178

Hi, Does anyone know of a pet shipper or agent who would be cheaper than 3,330 GBP to ship my 2 Boxer dogs to Melbourne. This seems to me to be very very expensive. Please help.

P.S if anyone has shipped there pets themselves without an agent I would love to hear how you done it.

Cheers Dave and Joanne

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Dave and Joanne,

What agents are you looking at as we have a Boxer and a Collie to take with us and as yet dont know where to start!

All we know is that they will have to endure 4 weeks in quarantine prior to us collecting them and returning to Adelaide.

All the best

Martin and Val

Guest dglamoore

There are a few companies on here you could contact for quotes - http://www.adelaidebound.com/migrating.htm

Friends of ours have just shipped over their 2 boxers so you could pm them and see who they used and how they got on with them - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=61

They have only just arrived so may take a while for them to reply as in OAA with no broadband connection.

Hope some of this helps

Lisa:cute:

Guest Matt & Suzi

P.S if anyone has shipped there pets themselves without an agent I would love to hear how you done it.

Cheers Dave and Joanne

I enquired about doing it myself and apparently you have to go through an agent. We got lots of quotes but still havent decided who we are going to use yet.

Guest addison

We would also be interested to know who that quote was from, we havejust 1 boxer and we have been quoted about £2500. Does your quote of £3330 include quarantine, and vets fees for blood tests etc.

Maybe its cheaper to ship 2 dogs and I should go get another one before we depart ;)

Guest daveblade178

Hi Martin & Val

The quote I got was from Par Air Livestock Shipping Services Tel 01206 330332. They send you a form for the Import permit which you send direct. Details on www.aqis.gov.au/import Cost 260au$ first dog and 60au$ any additional dog. A big problem for me in completing this form was providing an address in oz. If you don't know anyone try you migration agent or relocation agent if you have one, or even ask in this forum ant difficulties let me know and I can ask who helped me. Once you have the import permit you need to book the quarantine. approx 3 months notice required. The agent will do this for you price 17.55au$ per day + 12.55au$ for additional charges + lots of admin charges. Allow about 700gbp for collection from Melbourne airport and 30 days quarantine. Par air supply kennels which you buy, it costs more for them to ship them back to the UK so when you are there they are yours to keep. They sort out pre flight vet checks and board the dogs. You have to take the dogs to Colchester where they are located. The blood tests are carried out at a local vet which is an LVI vet and various forms need to be completed by an LVI vet. The agent will help and explain everything better than me so give them a ring. You need to measure your dogs length nose to bottom, excluding tail, height standing dog with head raised and width across chest. to get a quote from any shipper.

Another shipper who will complete import permits for you is jets4pets.com these quoted 3970gbp

Animal airlines 01625 827 414 quoted 3880gbp. There are a lot of shippers out there by typing "animal shipper australia" or "pet travel agents australia" into google.

P.S the only quarantine station close to Adelaide is Melbourne and total cost for me will be 4000gbp including blood tests quarantine and permits. any questions just ask and good luck.

P.P.s I thought it was an absolute nightmare when I first tried to find out about shipping the dogs over but it will be worth it in the end.

Guest daveblade178

Hi Addison. The quote was from Par Air Tel 01206 330332. I have to apply for the import permits myself and do bloods and quarantine on top of that. I will be looking at about 4000gbp by the time the dogs are with me in Adelaide.

Cheers Dave

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Dave and Joanne,

Many thanks for your advise on this one, we will let you know how we get on.

Cheers

Martin and Val :)

PS: Great looking boxers in your photo, just like our Boxer Pace to look at.