Guest browny_oh

Getting closer, any ideas of timescales?

Guest browny_oh

Been a silent observer for a while, but finally our 457 visa is going in tonight for Adelaide, so thought I would finally say hello.

Ideally we would like to get out there before Chrimbo (ideally before the test!!!! :biglaugh: ) , but need to give 4 weeks notice with my current employer (which I won't do until we get visa approved)

What do you reckon my chances are? (don't think will need medicals as not doing hosp/School job)

Guest guest3462

You will still needtohave medicals and police checks, our applcation took about 12 weeks from start to finish. Once you have a case officer and they request your medicals you shouldget the visa within a couple weeks of them getting the results of that! You can validate your evisa at the immigration desk at the airport and justgo to the dept in the city to get the visa stamp within 2 weeks of your arrival here. Fingers crossed for you that you get it soon.

Hi Nicole

Welcome to the forum, have to agree with Julia on the medicals, but hopefully it will be quick for you, good luck with everything and if you have any questions just ask, there's loads of people on here with good advice and someone is bound to know the answer.

Great age to bring the kids over!!! very family orientated place is Adelaide!!

Kim

Guest shella_n

Hi

We arrived on 457 in June.

We did not need medicals or police checks and our application took about 4 weeks.

Welcome to the forum. Any questions just ask.

Michelle

Guest browny_oh

Bloody hell, just come down from the heavens, Visa's all approved (no meds/police checks) on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke to my new employer and aiming to start work mid November, now where did I put that list........?