Guest kas17

travel time, seaford to prospect??

Guest kas17

I have applied for a job which is based in the northern end of prospect and will be living in Seaford. Can anyone tell me approximately how long this journey would take,

thanks in advance

Karen

Guest UzinOz

my husband goes from Hallett Cove to Kilburn which is right next to prospect and it takes him 50 minutes on a good day depending on traffic!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    my husband goes from Hallett Cove to Kilburn which is right next to prospect and it takes him 50 minutes on a good day depending on traffic!!

then add 20-25 mins from HCove to seaford:wubclub:

Guest kangomik

I know a man who can do it 45 mins most days both ways, but you wouldn't want to drive your car like that! 6.30 set off 3.30 leave. Anything outside of this and it's 1.10 hrs min. Thats if it's not wacky races in the rain on the southern slow way.

During the day it is possible to do it 45 mins, toss up between south road and tapleys hill road really.

Guest scmercer

Hi, I live in Brighton and my children are in childcare in Prospect, it is 40 mins in peak time and about 25 mins the rest of the time. You are a bit further south though, so it probably would be closer to an hour!

It's not just the time, it's the actual journey (lots of lights, roundabouts, turns etc). Why don't you try it and see for yourself?

60mins on one road is better than a drive through the suburbs.

Guest Matey

There are roadworks around in Prospect at the moment too which might make it worse in the short term. There're upgrading the water main along Regency Road, though I think that's due to finish soon. Then there's the Churchill Road makeover and the Prospect Road Village Heart development. More info here City of Prospect - - The Creative Community

Guest Gina & Alan

Hi Karen 60 mins should do it, i tend to avoid the south road and travel along brighton rd then tapleys hill road and turn right at the grange road at grange as it avoids a lot of traffic which tends to be built up on south road but i do this trip at 6;30 in the morning.

Alan

Guest kas17

thanks for all the replies, drove it this week (not at rush hour) and definately too far for a commute for me, hopefully have another job offer in the pipeline in the south, fingers crossed

Karen