Fast falling out of love with it all.

Guest guest3462

have you tried an immigration agent??? we had one to help with our visa (seems like a long time ago now!!) but they really helped and even pulled a few strings when needed!!

not sure of your exact details but might be worth visiting one and just having a chat to see if they can help as they know the system and know whem immigration are acting within their powers and authorities

steve

Julia,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.. keep on pestering them... I think I had Australia House on speed dial in the end with my husbands partner visa, I called them everyday to find out the progress and in the end I think they got fed up with me and granted it sooner than they would have normally!!..persistance pays off.

chin up and try not let it get you down (am I correct to think I read another post of yours saying you were 5 months pregnant? you need to be taking it easy, maybe put that i a letter telling them the stress is affecting you a bit) like someone said above to take a walk along the beach and clear your mind, and take the replied/received messages to them.

Fingers crossed things look up for you soon and put those feet up!!

Guest calamitycaz
Julia,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.. keep on pestering them... I think I had Australia House on speed dial in the end with my husbands partner visa, I called them everyday to find out the progress and in the end I think they got fed up with me and granted it sooner than they would have normally!!..persistance pays off.

chin up and try not let it get you down (am I correct to think I read another post of yours saying you were 5 months pregnant? you need to be taking it easy, maybe put that i a letter telling them the stress is affecting you a bit) like someone said above to take a walk along the beach and clear your mind, and take the replied/received messages to them.

Fingers crossed things look up for you soon and put those feet up!!

As a midwife - next time you have an Antenatal appointment beg and plead with her to write a letter for you saying how much the stress is affecting you - headaches, high blood pressure etc., all of which are detrimental to the baby. Then keep a copy and forward it to the visa people. Any good supportive Midwife should do it for you,

Caz x

julia, can't believe how much hassle they are giving you! you of all people?!?!?

you've got lots of good advice already - go for it! don't give up!

if you need help with the girls i am happy to have them :D

look after yourself too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest3462

CSS, Don't have second thoughts, moving to Australia was the best decision we ever made!! We have been through some really tough times in the last 2 years and yes sometimes it does seem like we are the only ones getting setback after setback, but believe me our story is all too common. I use this forum as a vent when I need to scream out my feelings as I know the friends I have on here all understand what is going on. Immigration is a beast and it has definately proved less than easy for us to become permanent..........BUT our kids are happier and healthier than ever before, we have more friends and a better social life than we could ever hope for in the UK. Our actual quality of life and the way we live it is fabulous and we genuinely are happy.

When you recieve news from immigration that does burst your bubble it really stings and it knocks you right from your pedestal. But when you have time to calm down and rationally sort things out, its not always so bad.

I have so many other things going through my head at the minute that my emotional state is as best delicate and at worst (when I wrote this thread) an absolutely devastating timebomb!!! I wouldn't say depressed or manic, but its the biggest challenge I have ever put myself through to stay optimistic!!!

I wish you all the very best of luck with your quest of getting to Oz and hope you have palin sailing all the way!

JC x

Guest nicandchris

Julia sorry to ask but why so difficult? we should be coming over on the 457 business visa with the hope to get pr as soon as but it sounds like a minefield x

Guest guest3462

Most of our troubles have been with the Australian medical board not recognising Rich's medical qualifications and making him do 3 years supervised training and retaking his FRCA. It has taken 18 months to get full medical registration and he still has another 18 months to go. It is impossible to get PR if you are not fully registered and we couldn't have RSMS visa as RAH wouldn't sponsor him as he is an SpR not a consultant. It has cost us thousands of dollars to get where we are at now, which isnt very far and we still have another $8000 to pay out this year!!! Other obstacles include, state sponsorship suspension, pregnancy, documentation errors and general delay in everything. It isn't as complex for many families to get PR, and easy if you can get your employer to sponsor you. In hindsight we should have done it via my nursing, but to start that now would be again too costly and time consuming. I know of several Dr's and their families who are in the same boat as us and to be honest it is infuriating when DIAC say that this profession is in critical demand, as they sure as hell don't make it easy for you to stay on a permenant basis once you are here and have given everything you know up!

Guest Jersey Bean

Yeah I agree! Is it Worth it ?

Keep Hearing Once the weather comes THINGS will get better but thats not going to give you an better Income to survive is it!... BBQ & Beer cost MONEY!!

Early Days for us ,but starting to wonder if we were better off in Dubai..?

The Thought of moving country for the fourth time does not excite me one bit anymore.:-(

Once you sort the Visa thing out & that is all sound you gotta ask yourself Is going to be any better in Uk I mean really? we are all in a dif situation but I know my morgage would be smaller here & house bigger than if we moved back to Jersey.. just cant do it 4 years is quite long time away.

Best of luck Cx

Guest moonraker1959

I do hope things pick up for you Julia,and all the others who are going through worrying times at present with visa's and what not.My husband applied for a spousal visa 2 years ago.What we at first thought was an easy process turned into a living nightmare!We were given a C/O from hell,nothing was good enough and she was always in a grumpy mood when we needed to speak to her!I think she quit in the end and thank god she did!:DWhat baffles me is my nephew(from Adelaide)worked in the UK for a year,met an american lady,they then moved to Adelaide where they started living together(for the first time in their relationship)and she got a PR visa,no problems at all.I had been with my husband for 12 years(lived together for 7 and married for 5)and wow it was just one thing after another trying to obtain his spousal visa.The whole process left a nasty taste in our mouths and we're still in the UK,and unsure now whether to move back to Adelaide.Good luck to you all,I hope it all works out for you!xx

CSS, Don't have second thoughts, moving to Australia was the best decision we ever made!! We have been through some really tough times in the last 2 years and yes sometimes it does seem like we are the only ones getting setback after setback, but believe me our story is all too common. I use this forum as a vent when I need to scream out my feelings as I know the friends I have on here all understand what is going on. Immigration is a beast and it has definately proved less than easy for us to become permanent..........BUT our kids are happier and healthier than ever before, we have more friends and a better social life than we could ever hope for in the UK. Our actual quality of life and the way we live it is fabulous and we genuinely are happy.

When you recieve news from immigration that does burst your bubble it really stings and it knocks you right from your pedestal. But when you have time to calm down and rationally sort things out, its not always so bad.

I have so many other things going through my head at the minute that my emotional state is as best delicate and at worst (when I wrote this thread) an absolutely devastating timebomb!!! I wouldn't say depressed or manic, but its the biggest challenge I have ever put myself through to stay optimistic!!!

I wish you all the very best of luck with your quest of getting to Oz and hope you have palin sailing all the way!

JC x

thanks for that-now the time is getting nearer for us i think im getting nervous and thinking are we doing the right thing for our family, after reading your news i think i just paniced-glad you dont regret it though-i hope you sort out whatever is bothering you-you sound like a very strong woman-thanks again clare:confused::cute: