Advice needed from the fishermen amongst us

Quick question - am hoping that Tyke or some of the more knowledgable fishermen on the forum can help

We want to take the kids crabbing (blue swimmer crab) using crab nets - now we are in Aldinga - the last place we went was Ardrossan but obviously we dont want to go that far is there anywhere closer?? Hoping that we can head south? I am presuming that it is open season for crabbing at the moment - our other option was cockling but its closed until Oct 31. Anyone help??

As Should I Stay says :)

I've not actually crabbed but that seems right.

Take a crab measure with you - You can pick them up at any tackle shop.

Blueys will be coming on now and putting a little flesh on.

Enjoy - and watch those toes!!!!!!

Just checked on the local fishing Forum (Strike & Hook)

Here is what a local says in a thread......

<quote>

cheers guys raking i do out the boat these days fat and lazy just pull up on the patches jump out the boat wink.png but thompsons beach use to be my prefered beach a longer walk but alot firmer ground than pt galer middle beach ect proff range pt waitfield is anothger firmer walk nothing worse than sinking to ur knees in slush wink.png

<end quote>