Guest lastboyscout

First attempt :)

Guest lastboyscout

As the missus and kids bought me a telescopic rod for my birthday , we tried it out yesterday off Largs Bay jetty :sad:

The kids had the crab nets out and I sat patiently with my rod .............

I foul hooked a blue swimmer crab in its leg and the kids caught diddly squat :biglaugh:

Not even a decent bite, mind you no-one else was getting anything either :( I can`t wait to go again though !!!!!

Any tips to improve my chances??? I just used cockles and wondered if anything else is worth a punt??

Have a look at a forum called strike and hook mate....plenty of fishos on there all wiling to offer some help and advice.....

I aint no master....but a guy i work with always tells me big hooks wnt catch big fish...soemtimes you have to scale you hook size to temp the lil beggars....

I use Squid, cockles, prawns and sometimes woms i aintt oo fussed as long as i can catch summat...but the last few times lil Seb has caught more than me...lol

Tyke is tha man to speak to as he has been at it ( Fishing tha is ) more than most guys on here.

HG

Guest guest3462

we never catch anything more than a cold whenever we go, but it is such good fun and quite addictive!

Guest Guest75

Squid is the go - but cut into slivers.

Time of day and tide play a big part in catching fish.

Wonder why idiots like me go out at 4.00am??

Talk to your local tackle shop as well as Strike & Hook.

I'm off Snooking tomorrow - from Pt Noarlunga Jetty and the rocks. (Too rough for the tub). Snook are huge fun to catch - like baby Barracudas.

Just told someone else the technique and spot (shh) .:)

More than welcome if you have the day off?

Guest lastboyscout

Day off???:)

Whats one of those???? :biglaugh:

Thanks for the offer though Tyke, been out on someone elses boat last year , just off Glenelg and caught about 10 snapper, all under size , so went back in , and we trolled for snook on the way back and caught 2 , they are good fun though ;)

Guest Guest75

Had fun on the jetty. Tried Moana beach first but no takers and the weed was annoying!

Dropped a nice sized Snook just as I was pulling him up :sad:

Using a Sluck Whitebait lure.

Lots of small Salmon,only one keeper and a couple of Tommies.Used cubed salted pilchard.