Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nicky&Andy

phone codes

Guest Nicky&Andy

please can anyone help

we have an australian mobil and want to ring and text an english mobil but cant get through, is there a code to put before the number, (this is the main way we are keeping in touch with our older son in uk )

also to ring from aussi mob to england land line which we are also having problems with

any suggestions greatfully recieved

Guest guest3462

Hi, you have to dial 001144 then miss the first 0 from your UK number xxx

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi.

International dialling code is 001144 then drop the first 0 from both mobiles and land line numbers.

Cheers, Kazza

Guest Kazzarazza

Sorry Churchj1 - we must have been replying at the same time.

Great minds..... xx

I'm sure the above (two) methods work fine, but what I do (which also works fine) is +44 then the mobile number without it's first '0' - so +4477...... for a mobile number that starts 077.....

You might have to play around to get the + sign on your particular phone, but once you've found it, you don't need the 0011...

The 001144 will be needed if ringing a landline in the UK... although you can also buy a Phone Home Card (I use Aussie Phone Card - http://www.aussiephonecards.com.au) which entails you initially dialling a local number, then entering the UK number is, and you only pay something like half a cent per minute for UK land lines. This particular card lets you register a particular phone that you usually call from too so you don't have to enter your pin number each time.

D

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks guys will let u know how i get on . so far no good maybe its the mobil, i will keep trying

Guest Nicky&Andy

thankyou guys so much it worked, my boy was watching a film at home 10pm english time , it was great to hear him so thankyou again

Guest guest3462

Get yourselves set up with skype as soon as you can. that way the calls are all free and you'll be able to see him as well. It has really helped us in the last 2 years, especially in the early days when eveyone was struggling with being so far away xxx