mikeh

Hi all, mental health nurse here, should be working in Adelaide by next year :)

Hi all,

Pleased I found a site like this. Will be moving to Adelaide by myself, doing this through an nursing agency. I have a two year contract, however, I have a feeling I will love Adelaide!

Its all exciting at the moment just need to finish up with last bits of paper work :wacko:

:D

Guest nicandchris

Hi i would presume that as you have a job through the nursing agency that the pin number would be sorted out before you get there or as soon as you arrive so that you can work straight away. The nursing registration would definately be organised i would think?

Yeah I have a job over there, I am in the final stages of the paper work, which includes nursing registration with the Australian board. Therefore as soon as I get there I will be working straight away.

Which hospital are you working at nic?

Thanks for the advice jaxxkaos

Guest guest5933

hello mike, congratulations on the job. i will be going over in Feb 11, my Oz reg is imminent, visa going in sometime in the next two weeks. lots of paperwork eh? went through an agency too (ogp) who have been very helpful i am happy to say.

very much looking forward to the adelaide move myself :-)

Wow loads of you guys coming over !!!

Good luck with your applications and plans

See you all on the other side!!!

Kim

Guest nicandchris

clearly adelaide wants and is in need of lots and lots of mental health nurses!!! Dont know what that says..........hee hee

Guest guest5933

Yes indeed. When i applied I was told there were 100 MH nurses retiring over the next 18 months!

Guest arablee83

hi i am also a mental health nurse and i am also waiting for my registration to come through before i can put in visa paperwork. have to register before visa can be done. went through o grady peyton paperwork is a nightmare but hope to be in adelaide early next year

Guest K&M

Hi there, I'm also a psych nurse due to head out to Adelaide with my husband Mick in January 2011 - have been working in the community & for the North Wales Health Board for the last few years but now taking the plunge back into inpatients - suitably terrified of both the big move and the change of career direction, but am approaching my big 30th birthday and decided it was time to do all the things I had always planned on doing & somehow never got round to! Any advice / tips would be very welcome, hope to meet some of you out there, luv Katherine

Guest angiestaff

Hi

have any of you been told where you'll end up working yet?

i'm working in an area called elizabeth in an acute mental health ward called 1G at the lyell mcewen hospital, have been here for nearly 19th mths now.

anything anyone wants to know (if i can help!) just msg me

angex

Guest Taff

Good to see lots of U.K. mental health professionals coming out here, lets just say your definately needed.. and may in turn influence the way mental health is dealt with in SA. Im not in mental health but have plenty of dealings with the many, many that live in the community.. you will be kept busy thats for sure.. :arghh:

Guest deleriumal

hey there we too are both rmn's hoping to make the move next year...just got my afc back pay so looks like we can afford to do it now....

IELTS booked for feb after sprout is born!!

Plan to move over Nov next year (just before the snow hits here hopefully!!).

The help here is fantastic...

Guest guest5933

No exact news on placement yet..initially I was advised I would be working on a Forensic ward, but with delays in admin stuff I have now been told I will be working Acute at a as yet unspecified location...with the AHPRA delays this might change again! Still, whatever I am doing I will be happy just to be overe there and working.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/20680-news-nurses.html

Guest guest5933

PS....Good luck for a quick result for all those awaiting paperwork :-)

Guest sthsth
    Good to see lots of U.K. mental health professionals coming out here, lets just say your definately needed.. and may in turn influence the way mental health is dealt with in SA. Im not in mental health but have plenty of dealings with the many, many that live in the community.. you will be kept busy thats for sure.. :arghh:

That is really offensive to local MH Nurses and other MH professionals.:sad:

Guest nicandchris

Dont think that it wasmeant to be offensive - remember MH nurses have to take a step back and see the bigger picture for what it is - and keep our sense our humour!! xx dont you think? x

Guest CAS

hello, we are psych nurses who are here!!! look forward to meeting you all when you get here

Hi!

I'm an RMN too, due to start in October 2011 with CNAHS.

Any tips and info gladly received, what to expect, how to prepare etc.?

CAS where do you work?