Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Driving Instructors in the NE suburbs?

Anyone know of a good driving instructor over this side of town? DD turned 16 on Tuesday, passed her theory test that day and is now chafing at the bit to get behind the wheel! OH wants someone else to risk their life and limbs with her to start with - preferably someone with dual controls in the car!!

Did see a Learner Car on the road (in the CBD) this morning with the numberplate OUCH 1 which made me smile!!

Guest Guest5035

My two passed first time with this guy and cost $55 a hour, log book test, his name is Rocco tel 82504452

Stevo

Thanks Stevo - having had a read of the log book, they don't have to do all 75 hours with a paid instructor do they?

I am assuming the Log Book sign-off method means they can do some practice hours with a family member, then have the occasional lesson with a professional who will tick off in the Log Book all the things they have mastered?

Guest Guest5035

I took both mine out......hence the grey bits!!! Hasn't the test slightly changed recently, don't think ours were 75 hours, my two had around 50 i think. They drove everywhere under instruction, around 5x1 hour trips a week, plus a lesson every other week, think they had about 8 lessons plus the final test.

stevo

Yes it's just changed - they have to do 75 hours now, and be on L's for minimum one year. Glad to hear I don't have to pay for all 75!!