Willber

Oaa?

Hi, just read on a web site that the On Arrival Accommodation ceased in July 2010, does anyone know if this is correct because we were planning on using it when we arrive in May.

Cheers Andrew.

I have read a few posts on here saying it has been extended till December other than that I know nothing about it sorry.

Guest Murphy642

Hi

Its a bit strange, last time I looked at the above website it did say that OAA would finish at the end of Dec - however now I look it doesn't say that (unless I am looking in the wrong place now!). I have requested it to see what comes back as we will be arriving 10th Jan. I'll let you know what comes back

Cheers

Guest Nicky&Andy

yes , its definatly started again, (were in one at the moment) a good starting place, not the ritz, but everything you need, and there really helpful and cheaper rent too, gives you time to get your breath back.

good luck

Guest WhatNow?
    Hi

Its a bit strange, last time I looked at the above website it did say that OAA would finish at the end of Dec - however now I look it doesn't say that (unless I am looking in the wrong place now!). I have requested it to see what comes back as we will be arriving 10th Jan. I'll let you know what comes back

Cheers

From what heard earlier in the year SA Immi were intending to get rid of all the houses they use (usually ex-housing trust houses). Maybe they haven't been able to sell them yet!

Guest Murphy642

Hi

I got the email back - it is finishing on the 31st Dec which is a bit of a pain as we are coming on the 6th Jan.

Oh well, never mind, would have been a bonus

Hi, got an e-mail from SA immigration about the OAA and it definitely finishes 27th of Feb 2011. So thats changed plans a little :arghh:.

Oh well, chin up.

Andrew

Guest Nicky&Andy

guess we were lucky. shame though cause there a good starting point