Guest Mainds Family

Anyone using TPG for internet and telephone package

Guest Mainds Family

Hi all,

Just wandering if anyone is or has used TPG for their internet access and telephone.These guys appear to do a really good reasonably priced package and a lot cheaper than Telstra and Bigpond but have not heard of them so a bit apprehensive.......

The problem I am having is that I only want a 12 month contract and most only offer 24 months

Any info greatly appreciated

Guest Matey

Sorry, don't know anything about TPG - you might be able to find some info on here: Whirlpool Forums if you can plough your way through the geek-speak.

We are using iiNet - I don't think they're as cheap as TPG but still competitive and you don't have to commit to a long term contract. I've also been impressed with the customer service on the few times I've had to ring them up.

My son looked at TPG as they appeared to have a very large cap at a reasonable price. I think that his concern was speed and download times. I have had 3 Adam naked connections and have had great service from them. They have a 50 gig cap for $50 at the moment.

I have just gone back to Telstra as we have bundled the phone, foxtel and adsl. I was with them before and despite issues with the call centre the adsl was really stable.

Tamara

My friend with five internet active kids uses TPG and swears by it, so it may be a good provider for high use

Hi

We have just installed it and although its early days the service was great. It seems like a good deal.

Will keep you posted...

Kim

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

We have been using TPG internet for almost 2 years now, and had no problems. We're on 20 gb peak plus 20 off-peak. Our usage is basically all peak. We're not frantic downloaders but do our fair share, esp the kids, and that seems to be OK. We're a bit backward on bundles, so no advice there, but for internet, no complaints!