cold feet!!

Guest mumsy

Hi all!!

Just a quick post to say that im having cold feet about the whole move to australia!

We have just lodged our rsms 119 visa, and i thought id be really excited but feel more scared then ever.

Has anyone else felt like this? or is it just me??

I dont know where these feelings have come from, im quite confused.

Sorry for the negative post

Amy

Guest WhatNow?
Hi all!!

Just a quick post to say that im having cold feet about the whole move to australia!

We have just lodged our rsms 119 visa, and i thought id be really excited but feel more scared then ever.

Has anyone else felt like this? or is it just me??

I dont know where these feelings have come from, im quite confused.

Sorry for the negative post

Amy

You wouldn't be human if you didn't have these ups and downs. Not many people I know stayed confident through the whole process...it will pass...

Hi Amy,

Never be sorry for a post like yours. It's a big change that you are preparing for. How else are you ment to feel!! It's a mix of all the emotions in one hit over and over.

We have all been there.

I cried all the way though checking and on the plane as we were boarding. It's only natural.

But once you get here there are some many positive things that make you never wnat to leave.

The sky is ever more so blue, can't remember the last time I saw skies like that. In the night you look up into the sky and it is filled with stars. Silly things.

Be brave, and you'll be right.

If you need a chat before or after you get here shout me anytime.

Prema

I know exactly what you mean, it is a HUGE thing to put yourself and your family through, but think about why you are doing it in the first place - what made you make that intial leap?

I'm scared to death, got my RSMS visa approved this morning and going through all sorts.

When my hubby read it out I burst into tears, not out of sadness, but relief that the waiting was over and we can start saying goodbye properly and getting organised!

Feels worse when people keep asking "so when you off then!?" and you cant reply! :)

I've been an emotional wreck the last couple of weeks just thinking about the goodbye party and final farewell from my mum and big brother. But i am really looking forward to making a new start and finally getting a 'life'!

For me it's more than the sun (although that does help a lot!!) it's about being able to go home at the end of the day instead of being in a hotel room on my own!

Wish you all the best xxxx

Von

Guest ste and cheryl

Hey,

I was asking the very same thing just before we came over ! I was thinking 'what the hell are we doing'. We sold everything as hubby got offered a job and we had 4 weeks to get here. Seeing everything being sold and our home become an empty house was hard for me and of course saying bye to everyone !!

My dad, mum and younger brother dropped us off at the airport and boy was that hard to let them go after giving them a final hug, it was so heart wrenching :( I like Prema cried so much through check in and even on the plane ... I had outbursts of tears on the flight from Manchester to heathrow ... heathrow to Bangkok ... Bangkok to Sydney and yes Sydney to Adelaide ! I was even tempted to run for the doors at Heathrow !!

Once you get here and get over the jet lag and get settled you'll wonder what you ever worried about !! Adelaide is truely a beautiful place and so worth the move !! We've been here 3 weeks today and we love it, feels like a constant holiday and it's great that Ste finishes work at 3pm and we've still got time to go to the beach or a walk and enjoy some of the day together! The only down side is the days go by so quick !

Keep smiling and just remember what an amazing thing you're doing :cute: