Heading for Adelaide 2012!

Guest Cornish Pasties

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi Peps,

First thread ever so please bear with me! Just after a bit of feedback on migration agents. We attended Wanted Down Under at B'ham couple of weekends ago and were quite impressed by information supplied to us by Immigration2oz mig agents. Just wondered if anyone else has used them & could they provide us with some feedback? - good or bad. Also any other recommendations would be gladly accepted.

We plan to start the ball rolling next month ..hubby will be Visa applicant and we have just decided on Adelaide. Been thinking about the move for the last 2 years & certainly been a hard decision on which state to chose.....

Thank you:p x

Hi there,

We are using Go Matilda, we started our TRA in July, came back in Sep Passed!, We are now completeing the State Sponsorship.

I would recommend Go Matilda without hesitation, so far they have been brilliant!

kind regards

Nick

Hi Guys

We used an agent also as we really didnt think we had the time or confidence to do it ourselves, and we wanted to get it right first time!!! They recommended Adelaide to us and did help us through the process, I suppose it really depends on which visa you are applying for as to whether an agent is really needed. We were happy with our choice and Ive heard good things about both agents that have been mentioned.

Good luck with the process, it can take some time but it is really worth it

Kim

Guest guest3462

you need to suss out whether or not you really need to use an agent. Which visa are you applying for? The 175/176 visas are pretty simple to do online and they will request exactly which documents and evidence you need when you need it. We have had a tough time but do not regret applying off our own backs, I think we would have still hit the same hurdles agent or not. Its a lot of money to spend when you can do it yourselves and believe me when you get going you will spend a lot of money getting here!!!

All the best

JC x

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi All,

Thanks for all the useful feedback..appreciated. Ours will be 176 Visa & think we are just weary about doing it all ourselves..also because ours may be a little tricky as the visa can't be granted until hubby's last working day in Navy....

But will sit down (again) and go through whether we should or shouldn't use an agent & obviously additional cost involved. Would have been nice if the Oz Navy hadn't put on a cap on external recruitment in his role or we'd have it nice & easy! The buggers! But hey, all it does is make us more determined to get over there. I'm sure this will be the first of many questions..cheers folks :chatterbox:

Guest WhatNow?

I can understand you wanting to get it right and can thoroughly recommend John Adams (Immigration2oz). He is a really genuine guy and will not rip you off. He is very approachable and you can contact him on Skype at all hours. Disadvantage with using a UK agent is you will pay VAT but you have the advantage of accessibility. Australian agents are better regulated and their fees are capped but they aren't always so easy to get hold of. You won't go far wrong with John - tell him you were recommended to him by Mandy and Judy from Home2Home.