taffygirl

Jobs for painters

Hi everyone,

Me and my family will be arriving in Adelaide in November. I already have a job lined up, (457 employer sponsored), but due to financial constraints left in the Uk (large mortgage on our house which hasnt sold!), we will need my husband to find a job ASAP. He is a time-served, certified Painter/Decorator and is hoping to find an employer that will take him on. We are aware he needs to obtain a white card, etc, but just wondering what the job market is like for painter there?

Any advice welcome!

Tracey x:)

If he's a good fast clean painter then there will be work for him. He could look in the messenger (local free paper) and see who the larger painters are and ring them and check out the Advertiser on Saturdays in the jobs section. A lot of larger companies may want him to have his own business number (ABN), which you can get from the tax office and to have transport. Summer is usually busy for painters.

Guest pauljoinoz

Hi

My husband found it easy to get work when we first arrived - although he did have to obtain his ABN which is a simple 10 minute online process, also public liability insurance. He later obtained his builders Licence so he could work for himself. Any questions happy to help feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

i would say between $20 to $30 per hour would be the sort of figure you will look at but to start with until your husband has proved himself expect to be on the lower end of that, unfortunatly he will have to show what he is like even if he has been painting for years, but as has already been said if he is a good reliable clean painter he will get work.

kevin

Agree with all the above. No problems with work, my hubby has reams of it, in fact pm me when you get here as he may be looking for extra help.

Cheers

Guest bobbytrish

Hi,

if your other half or anyone else needs a job painting,

please ring Rob 0427725696

Hi everyone,

Me and my family will be arriving in Adelaide in November. I already have a job lined up, (457 employer sponsored), but due to financial constraints left in the Uk (large mortgage on our house which hasnt sold!), we will need my husband to find a job ASAP. He is a time-served, certified Painter/Decorator and is hoping to find an employer that will take him on. We are aware he needs to obtain a white card, etc, but just wondering what the job market is like for painter there?

Any advice welcome!

Tracey x:)