crime in adelaide

Guest Guest5035

Having lived in East London (Hackney & Bethnal Green mostly) for 15 years before moving to Adelaide 2 years ago, I have to say, I feel exponentially safer here than there. Stabbings and shooting in London barely make the papers at all, whereas here it's still big news. As Rich pointed out on the last page, the media amplify and distort the crime that does happen. In Adelaide, this is, partly at least, because there's comparatively little of it. And it sells papers.

Guest katsmajic

Guns are the weapon of choice, followed by knives...not type casting but the lebs ALL carry knives - knowing some and being in a related industry with several contacts within the older/management lebs - they all carry weapons!

BP servo at Paralowie has been held up at gunpoint 10+times this year already!

On another note - 1 person is being killed every 6 weeks in the south of adelaide, either car, murder or tragic accident etc...

the "armed" robberies at stores are usually with a screwdriver!!!! !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest badpeeps

Adelaide is basically a hole, i've lived here for 14 years and since then had no problems but after i buy a subaru Wrx i constantly get visitors wanting to break into my car at least 2-3 times a weeks guaranteed, yet the only thing atm stopping them is me waiting outside for them . i will not give in to scum bags and sell the car i have always wanted..

this btw has been happening for over 4 months so far with the information i have given the police like rego numbers and times of when the people come they still can not do a thing apart from say "if you hear something call us" if i didn't stay up i guarantee my car would have been stolen by now to put it bluntly the police are quite the joke.

so far the alarm has been set of twice and have stolen an expensive tool set after that i waited up etc when i call the police due to someone being in my yard guess what they do? ... they knock on my front door asking if i'm there while the scum bags in my yard hear this and run off what good is that?

crime in adelaide is the same all over the state Police are basically useless and can't do anything to prevent or to apprehend these people after the numerous calls i've made to them they haven't cought a single person

it seems the only thing police are usefull for are speeding fines and revenue raising there are so many drug dealers that have been doing the same for years and years yet they are not caught the same with people doing break ins

Welcome to the site Badpeeps, and many thanks for joining to share your bad experience with us. Sounds like you should be investing in a garage! I take it as you've lived here 14 years you have lived in all parts of Adelaide in that time and are thus justified in condemning the whole state?

I have to say Adelaide is so much safer than most places in the UK.

That doesn't coincide with any stats I've come across (ambiguities of crime classification from place to place notwithstanding). Adelaide has very similar crime patterns to other first world cities of comparable size, UK cities included. It's no worse, but let's not kid ourselves it's any better. The media reporting of crime is much lower key here (I know not all agree, but that's my view), but the crime levels are about the same.

Jim

Guest badpeeps
Welcome to the site Badpeeps, and many thanks for joining to share your bad experience with us. Sounds like you should be investing in a garage! I take it as you've lived here 14 years you have lived in all parts of Adelaide in that time and are thus justified in condemning the whole state?

thanks for the welcome.

btw my car is in the garage i wouldn't leave it outside with easy access to it

yes i have lived in a few suburbs and friends live in other suburbs who have the same problems as i have stated, maybe a little to general but the facts are the still same in most of the adelaide suburbs where i and friends have lived.

last year near a friends house (a few houses down) there was a drive by shooting ? other friends have turbo cars and have had the same problems, it's just a shame that things seem to be going down hill over the last 5 years in Adelaide

it's like they say "you can't have anything nice without someone wanting to ruin it"

it might be a bad view in my case but with the things that have happened/seen or experienced you might have the same viewpoint

the people who have been doing this to me and friends are generally at the age of 20-30

basically some people have no respect anymore, it's how people are being brought up

Guest Guest5035

basically some people have no respect anymore, it's how people are being brought up

spot on, spot on, parents just have no time these days, discipline starts at home.

stevo