booster seats / booster seat cushions

Prema

Hi,

An incident that happened yesterday got me thinking...

Hubbie and I was in the car I just pulled away from the car park, I had my seat belt on, I was driving, hubbie was just fastening his seat belt, whilst the car was in motion and in the passenger seat.

Guess what I got pulled over by the cops and hubbie got fined and points for not having his seat belt on, coppers gave me a caution.

Although I always wait for the kids to have their belts on before driving, it was my fault, this time and next time will wait for everyone to be belted. Lesson truly learnt.

I have been using my mothercare dream backless booster seats for the kids, which are just great. There so comfy for them and nice and wide, but not aussie made.

I'm going to go out and buy 2 boosters seats although they call them booster seat cushions here, but they don't seem to have similar ones to the ones that I have. The backless booster seats here are much smaller.

Can anyone tell me where I can go and buy some that are reasonably priced??

Thanks

Prema

What rotten luck (and what miserable b**ards some policemen are!)! Fingers crossed for a better week for you and your husband next week Prema:wubclub:

There's a big baby/kids equipment shop out at the Gepps Cross shopping centre if you don't have any luck with the booster seats offered above.

Hey Diane,

I know talk about bad timing. They were like Hawks, and hubbie was wearing a bright sky blue shirt, at the time so he must have stuck out like a sore thumb. They must have been watching us get into the car, and see what we were going to do.

I remembered the copper checking out the car as he walked by and looked into the back seats.

He mentioned that the booster seats should be strapped in when not in use as they move, as could hurt us. He cautioned me and said that the fine and points would teach us a lesson, and if I was in an accident I would be thanking him. I guess he was right in a way, It was very scary, I have never been pulled over.

Debs, just pm'd you thanks.

Prema

Guest guest3462

Prema you poor thing, he sounds like a right jobsworth to me!! I have aussie car seats now due to the (IMO silly) new road safety rules and in fact both me and Rich think they are not as safe as the ones the girls were in from the UK. We now have 2 very expensive and very safe car seats sat in the garage while the girls travel around in very very expensive but flimsy car boosters!!! Im half convinced to change back to my UK seats and risk the fine as I really do feel that they are safer in them!

Guest Chandan

I agree Julia...

I have used every car seat under the sun in the Uk over my 12 years of nannying, and the Maxi Cosi Tobi was the safest and securest and comfiest (sp?) in my opinion, I sold it in the UK before leaving, however the one reccomended over here you can move it on the seat from side to side with a little bit of a shove.. they are installed correctly, tightened everyday (because I really am not convinced my 9 month is safe in it.) I gave my Maxi Cosi Cabrio away to a random taxi driver at Heathrow because it wouldnt have been legal here. there goes the ease of having a Bugaboo and the matching carseat!

I brought along with me Dylan's Graco booster seat, it has a back on it and is used with an adult seat belt. I still am unclear no matter how many times I read the rules whether I need to get the harness also..

A friend of mine has a 3 year old who weighs 17kg, and has to keep the child in a smaller carseat because he is not 4 years old, and its ok for a child to move to the next size seat if they are four and weigh 17kg.. it is ridiculous, I seriously think these people who make these laws DO NOT have children of their own or have ever used a car seat. I am not a rocket scientist but I can see that when the car seat is anchored to the car (which Ollie's is) that in the event of a severe accident he will be more likely head towards the roof of the car as there is little anchoring down the bottom of the carseat...

sorry for the rant.. but it is a raw subject with me and I am furious that I feel my childrens safety is comprimised due to a law.

I would love to petition for Maxi Cosi to come and supply their seat here.