Guest picklesmummy

Translating parking signs

Guest picklesmummy

Hi

I've been out and about a bit around Adelaide in the car but I still haven't figured out all of the parking signs. Could someone tell me what this means please:

2P

8am - 8pm

Mon - Fri

Is it a two hour limit between the times / days given? And likewise 1/2P and 1P are one and two hour limits, respectively? I've googled but can't find any info.

Thanks!

1/2P, 1P, 2P etc, are how long you can park for (half an hour, one hour, two hours etc)

the times/days are when the restrictions are in place, outside of the specified times you can park for as long as you want.

if it's a pay and display, charges usually only apply for the times shown, but always double check what it says on the ticket dispenser.

Guest motlyman

Also some have arrows on them telling you which side of the sign you can park.

Further down the road will be another sign with an arrow pointing the opposite direction. Basicly park between them.

Colin

Guest WhatNow?

If you are expected to pay the sign will have the word 'Ticket' on it as well as the max length of time you can stay.

Guest picklesmummy

Thanks for the help everyone, it's much appreciated. I'm taking my daughter to a toddler group next week and have already driven down to where it is to check the route (I'm not a confident driver and like to know exactly where I'm going ahead of time). The only thing I wasn't sure about was the parking - thanks.

Guest garlic--bread
    Lovwe the sign on the express way that reads

WRONG WAY GO BACK

hg

Lol, now thats funny!

I often wonder what the S one is,reminds me of a dollar sign?:huh:

If it's an S with a slash across it, sounds like it's 'no standing' which is slightly different from 'no parking' because standing means stopping for any reason, to drop off or pick up or just wait for someone. In other words don't stop there at all (unless you've broken down!).

If it's an S with a slash across it, sounds like it's 'no standing' which is slightly different from 'no parking' because standing means stopping for any reason, to drop off or pick up or just wait for someone. In other words don't stop there at all (unless you've broken down!).

Yep, I got caught by this one when taking the kids to primary school a few years ago - was sitting in stationery traffic waiting to turn right into the car park (which nobody could because people had blocked the entry to the car park!), let the kids hop out as I could see the queue wasn't moving, and got sent a letter in the post telling me I'd stopped in a no stopping zone and issuing a fine! Fact I couldn't actually not stop without driving over the top of stationery traffic in front meant nothing, as by letting passengers disembark I'd effectively "stopped"!