Guest MikeBanks

Police Clearance

Guest MikeBanks

Hi- it seems that we'll need police clearance for the type of work we're looking for. Can we start the procedure from the UK? How long does it usually take? In Lancashire it can take up to a couple of months - somebody please tell me it's quicker out there.

Do you mean police checks or clearance such as Security clearances SC / DV?

If police checks this is quite easy and only took a week to get back - security clearance would be different and I imagine would have to be applied for in Oz unless they accept UK SC?!

Von

a policeclearance will have to be done in Oz, as mentioned most will come back within week, costs about 30 bucks, just pop into a police ststion with Id, drivers licence passport, need 100 point ID check. could take up to 3 weeks to get back but most are very quick!

sorry have to correct my hubby its 50 bucks but if you have a healthcare card its $36. If its a police check for decs (if you are going to working in a school) its $44 but you cant do this through the police :policeman:.

Guest Reidy

:policeman:

Hi,

Just going back to police checks. My huband had a one off brush with "the law" about 8 years ago and ended up with a charge of assult after being heavily kicked out of a night club by a bouncer in a drunken stupor . A course of action since regretted and thankfully a lesson learnt and now slightly older.

Do you think this will stop our Visa application ? We have already sat the Vetassess and paid a Visa company to start the process.

Has anyone any comments on this subject.

Thanks.

Do you mean police checks or clearance such as Security clearances SC / DV?

If police checks this is quite easy and only took a week to get back - security clearance would be different and I imagine would have to be applied for in Oz unless they accept UK SC?!

Von

Guest monkey-74

For a conviction 8 years ago there should be no problem. He will have to give a statement as to what happened but I also have a past for more than one conviction in my past(about 8 years last one) and it caused me no problem with my visa.

Just be honest as it is all on record.