Bevev's

migration agent?

Would you recommend we get a migration agent to complete our visa for us? If so who would you recommend? Anybody had poor service or exceptionally good service from a particular company? Also, is the process quicker when you use an agent? Need to get there asap..... Thanks guys xx:goofy:

Hi, we used Ian Harrop and couldn't fault them at all. It only took just over 6 months to get our visa but that was before all the changes.

You will probably be paying between £1300-£2000 if you use an agent so if you do it yourself you will save some cash. Good luck.

Guest Deano1970

We have used the visa bureau, I'd fully recommend them they go over every detail to ensure you have best chance of getting to Aus. We've just got all paperwork in 3wks ago for state sponsorship. So just waitng for that then medicals.

Guest Deano1970

Hi bev you pay in installment stages I think we paid 3 at £800 a time so about £2400 in total but the do everything from cv templates to double checking references.

Guest Deano1970

That also included diac lodgement fee and police checks and medicals

I spoke to them, they seemed really helpful but she quoted £4500 with everything, including nursing skills assessment and visa application. Was that all you paid, or did you have to pay for your visa on top?

Guest Deano1970

Just sorted them out we paid £1035 in dec 08 then £790 in feb 09 then finall payment in march 09 £1035. The only extra I paid was for my vettasses in jionery which was £700.Mind you vat was only 15% then.

Guest Deano1970

You're welcome anytime it's a long stressful process but they do make it easier,

Guest motlyman

I would highly recommend Ian Harrop & associates

Not just because we used them but because our case was complicated.

We had divorce, a child coming over and then defacto relationship to deal with (not to mention court) but he sorted it all out and here we are. Mine was done in about 6 months and the defacto in 9 days.

Cant remember the costs exactly but they do a free assessment to find out if its worth pursuing. They also so offered a no win no fee service. That way they wouldnt take you on if they dont think you will pass.

This was almost 4 yrs ago so hopefully nothing has changed with them.

Ian himself worked in the Australian Immigration department and knows what they are looking for. That swayed me to use them in the first place.

Colin

Guest WhatNow?

The final cost will depend on the type of visa you need. You should ask for a breakdown of expected costs which will show you how much you will be paying out in fixed cost disbursements (i.e. what they may have to pay on your behalf to third parties, such as the actual visa application fee) and how much is the fee for their service. Fee levels will depend on how much work they reckon it will take them to get your visa through, so will vary from case to case, but as always, get a few quotes and as you are already, some personal recommendations.

Guest bishvegas

Hi. We too are using Ian Harrop and their service has been absolutley fantastic. Very knowledgeable and can't help you enough. Think we are paying them about £1800 but worth every penny. We are now just waiting to see if our state sponsorship application has been successful before they lodge our visa application which is just ready and waiting to go in.

Guest markbevjake

Another Ian Harrop recommendation. Again, our's wasn't straight forward and also had time frames to meet.

Could not praise Ian and his team more if I tried.....Oh go on then, they were BRILLIANT :notworthy:

Guest sedgecl

Hi

Sorry for butting in, but we are also using Ian Harrop, he has been fantastic, a great team and give you tons of information and a regular news letter keeping you up to date.

The charges aren't that bad, give him a call, it would be well worth it.

Good luck :D

Guest nicandchris

hi i was talking to one the other day and she works with nurses and quoted £1000 plus vat so around £1200 for the service but you could pay in £200 instalments. Ill pm you the details or i can email you the email she sent me with the overall quote tom. pm me your email if you want this.