Sign in to follow this  
Guest Davo

spa pool help

Guest Davo

Not long bought a house with a pool & spa,it has gas & solar but i cant seem to work out how to get it to work.I followed the step by step instrutions left by the chap i bought the house off.

When i try & heat the spa by gas the water flows from the spa in to the pool,i think this is the prob???? not sure which valve to turn????.

Any Help please

Cheers

Guest motlyman

How you heat the pool has no bearing on where the water flows!

The valves control where the water flows to and from.

If heating the spa you need suction from the spa and return to the spa.

If not heating have suction from pool and return to the spa. Spa will overflow back into the pool.

Colin

Hi there, I don't think you will be able to heat the spa separately to the pool unless you have had separate heat pumps installed, see below.

- It can be difficult to have separate heating systems for spas and pools when they're combined, although more expensive heat pumps are able to control each body of water separately. If you are working from the one system, heating such a large body of water as a pool would take a lot longer and, by that rationale, more energy than an individual spa.

We had a similar pool and spa but the only way to heat the spa was to heat the entire pool. Very expensive unless you can get away with solar energy. Hope you get it sorted.