Guest adelaideinjuly

TI-84 calculator requested in HC R-12

Guest adelaideinjuly

Hi All,

They r requesting TI-84 calc in Hallett Cove R-12 , it is over 250 $ , any advice or previous experience ?

Thanks

Have a look on Ebay. I ended up buying one from the states - same model and model number, just a sideways one rather than the ones they sell here (not sure how to describe that!) Put the make and model number into the Ebay search and remember to scroll down to where they show stuff on Ebay US and Ebay UK - with the strong Aussie dollar at the moment it's even cheaper. Even with postage included it worked out about half the price.

Diane

Guest adelaideinjuly

do they actually use it at grade 8 or a normal sceintific calc would be enough for the first year ?

My daughter only had to get a programmable graphics calculator when she got to year 10 - so worth checking with the school what they need at year 8, before spending a lot of money. If the school says a scientific one is ok for year 8 but they'll need to upgrade in Year 10, then ask them if any pupils who will be upgrading for next year have a scientific one they want to sell on. Not as if they ever wear them out!

Guest adelaideinjuly

they are requesting it specifically in a grade 8 enrollment pack

the school is starting to some new science and maths thing, is that the graphics or scientific calculator because later on in yr 10/11 depending on the maths you take you need a graphics one deffinatly worth it, try asking the school if they do deals

Hi All,

They r requesting TI-84 calc in Hallett Cove R-12 , it is over 250 $ , any advice or previous experience ?

Thanks

My daughter is going into Year 8 at HC this year and I just got her one off ebay for $71 inc postage.