Shipping bikes... help pls?

Hazel M

Hi,We are sending 3 adult bikes in our container. Justin has thoroughly pressure-washed them and been at them with wire-wool and toothbrushes to get them as sparkly as possible. We are leaving the tyres on - they are spotless... will this be ok to get through customs? Is there anything else can be done to ensure they get through OK?Also is it ok if the chain still has oil on? One of the bikes has a rusty back wheel but the wheel is clean - will this be ok - or should he paint it over with metal paint?ThanksHazel.

I shipped over 2 'proper' mountain bikes and 3 run of the mill bikes. All were well cleaned.

The 2 good quality ones had the chains, derailleurs, pedal, and bars removed and the frames completely covered in pipe insulation.

The 3 regular bikes were just cleaned, pedals removed and the bars twisted inline with the frame. Chains were left on but they had been degreased.

No probs with AQIS.

Guest Chandan

I wiped over my sons trike with a Dettol wipe. His sand pit still had a bit of dirt on it when we unpacked it. for the $230 we paid this end for the quarrantine inspection I really didnt think they looked at it too closely, my hubbies golf clubs were unopened and he didnt even clean them as they looked ok.

Guest nishman

After the usual clean, my bike (and a few other items) were given a hefty coating of jeyes fluid. We declared everything and no boxes were openned - no issues at all.

I think the jeyes fumes told them all they wanted to know when the container was openned at port (or it knocked them out).