Willber

Are there Brownies in oz?

Hi all, my daughter is in the Brownies in the UK and she loves it, we are emigrating in May 2011 and I was just wondering if she can carry on over there? Initially we will be in Port Noarlunga....

Cheers

Ali

Guest westie1972

We are moving over in December, my daughter currently goes to Rainbows and goes upto Brownies in April. I think that they have girl guides in Australia, from 5-18 years old. My daughter Hannah wants to join the guides in Adelaide, so when we arrive we will have to find a group near to where we are going to live.

Hi Ali

if you google Girlguides.org.au you'll find the official site of the Girl Guides in Australia - I've looked into this myself before and I know there are brownie/guide groups there. Not sure of what areas etc, but I'm sure if you check the site you might find something :D

Kim

There is also JOEYS (cubs)to consider, which my daughter attends.

They can start at age 6. My son attends too & I find it easier if they can do the same things rather than individually as they are close in age. There are several girls who attend & i think fees are lower than girl guides.

Guest westie1972
    There is also JOEYS (cubs)to consider, which my daughter attends.

They can start at age 6. My son attends too & I find it easier if they can do the same things rather than individually as they are close in age. There are several girls who attend & i think fees are lower than girl guides.

Is Joeys advertised in the paper and do they have a website? I'm sure my daughter would love to join them too :D

Guest lastboyscout

This thread made me giggle :biglaugh:

I was expecting Alf Garnett or Eddie Booth (Love Thy Neighbour) to appear and give some comment :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry!!!!!;)

Guest Sachertorte

I was thinking about the Girl Guides for my daughter too- are the fees high though? Many thanks in advance :)

Is Joeys advertised in the paper and do they have a website? I'm sure my daughter would love to join them too :D

Scouts Australia - SA Branch - Home

Hallett Cove Scout Group

links to main scouts website & the group my 2 attend in Hallett Cove.

You can attend for the first 3 weeks for free, just to try it out to see if you like it.

Sarah