2 weeks to go!

Sears Family

Well - I feel like I've been sucked into a tornado!!

A massive rollercoaster of feelings and lists and stupid crappy removal men, now I have to try and figure out how to get the rest of my things into my suitcases AND do a house clearance this saturday!! :arghh:

Also oddly enough finding the whole experience quite fun and exciting so must be going mad with it all :goofy:

We had our early halloween fancy dress / leaving party last Friday which was fantastic! everyone had a laugh and I'm so glad the mood wasn't turned down by goodbye speeches! Though did shed a few tears :sad: (NB Couple of pics on my blog!)

Anyone looking at booking removals send me a pm and I'll tell you what I think of my removal firm! Not impressed to say the least - packed as much as possible into boxes even to the point of leaning on and thumping the sides of boxes to be able to tape up!! Hey ho, life goes on, not all about 'things' but would be nice to have 1 or 2 turn up!

Finish work Friday :jiggy:so then down to the proper goodbye sessions with friends and family, wish me luck and i'll keep you posted.

Von x

Guest calamitycaz

Hi again Yvonne, welcome to the Mason rollercoaster !!

Everything you just said is happening in this house too - day to day life continues surrounded by half packed boxes and Ebay frenzy as I try to sell our entire life off! I finish one job this Friday - am really looking forward to leaving that one - and will continue to work the other one up until the end of November, we have four weeks left to find a UK rental agent, finish selling / packing, move in with a friend for the last week, finish school / work, and finally have out leaving party on 3rd December. My brain is fried, my stomach is a washing machine, my eyes are sore from looking at piles of crippity-crap in my house.....and I love it!! Can't wait to fly :D

Think I'm bonkers!! Lol, good luck, hope it all goes well, Lily enjoyed her emails from Jenna!

Hope to bump into you 'on the other side' :D

Caz x

Hi Caz great to know I'm not the only one who is enjoying the madness!

We're currently squatting in our own home, friends have kindly donated bean bags and camping seats so we dont have to sit on our mattresses! Still have some furnature left from House Clearance so all on e-bay, plus have other odds n sods listed for car boot job lot! :)

Had a bit of a panic attack last night while on my own, mainly about finding long term let, but we'll be fine...it's the summer...may have to camp on the beach ;)

Good luck, would be great to see you, maybe we can sort something around xmas as I have no idea what to do!! Hopefully by then we'd have found our feet, a little :)

Guest calamitycaz

Hi Yvonne, which end of town are you going to be? We will be Southern Suberbs. I will PM you our address for the short term let so you can pop over for coffee and a valium if you are close by :)

Think some friends of friends have invited us for Christmas morning on the beach with some other Ex-pats - if you would like to join us then the more the merrier :D I think the time for being terribly British and reserved is long gone - I'm sharpening my elbows to gain entry to every social occasion possible as we speak!

Oh - and the long term rental scenario is a worry but hey - like you said a tent on the beach is always cheap and we could be neighbours :D !!

Caz x

Just a quick update.

We are now residing in an empty house which is quite scary! Managed to get rid of everything through house clearance & ebay, not for a great deal but at least it's gone!

I'm completely stuffed having spend the last week having goodbye meals and eating out every day! Now really fed up with eating out! Plus I must have added a dress size :0/

Nevermind - all good except the 'Goodbye' bit!

My puppy dog leaves us this afternoon so I'm gonna have a few tears :(

Suddenly remembered that I dont like flying (especially thanks to Quantas to reminding me why!) and getting a bit anxious now.

Despite everything we have done - its an odd feeling, still has not really sunk in that we're going, been asked if I'm excited, but havent had time to think about that really! Too much to plan and get right before I can be excited!!

so long for now

Von

Guest calamitycaz

Oh sounds lovely, Im here surrounded by boxes and boxes which came down from the loft and all need sorting today :(

Wish I could fast forward 4 weeks and be on that drive to Heathrow!

Good luck for the flights :D

See you on the other side - get me a frosty one ready I think I'll need it!!!

Caz and kids xxx