stringfellows

moving to glenelg in 5 weeks

hi everyone,my name is Sharon and my OH is Mick.we are moving to glenelg in 5 weeks.we have booked on a campsite for a month then who knows what after that.we are arriving with 2 suitcases and every penny we have so going to have to give it a right good go!i am a chef/manager and Mick does all aspects of building/maintenence.i have never been to oz,i am just trusting my husband on his feelings about the country.i am scared,nervous,excited.i would love to hear off poeple in the same situation or maybee living in or around glenelg.

LOVE Glenelg....we live here ourselves. I'd say you are staying at the West Beach campsite?? give us a yell when you land and I'll meet ye for coffee....show you THE best coffee in the State....Grind it, Glenelg....

We had never set foot in Oz either before arriving, but life is one big adventure!

Hey,

Yeah Glenelg is an awesome place!!! We are in Morphettville....about 5 mins up road!!

Give us a yell and we can do a coffee/beer thing too....or we could do a joint one!!

Dan

Oooo hello and welcome

Glenelg is lovely. I've gotten to know it well and its a lovely suburb. My MIL lives there and its where I'd love to settle once we move back over.

You really are taking the plunge but perhaps not a bad way to go with just your suitcases. If I were without kids and it was just me and hubby I'd probably go the same way. I'm sure it'll be an adventure :)

Guest Chelseadownunder

Nice place to start. Great time of year. Nice one !!